Suns’ Archie Goodwin finishes insane one-handed lob shot at Summer League, but refs waive it off (VIDEO)
Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS – This easily could qualify as the best made shot in all of Summer League action, except for the fact that it was disqualified.
Late in the first half of the Suns’ 91-89 victory over the Heat on Sunday, Archie Goodwin — who’s been impressive for the Suns throughout this competition — went airborne to catch a baseline out of bounds lob pass from Kendall Marshall.
Goodwin was fouled on the play, but maintained enough control to get the shot to bank home off the glass before he hit the deck. The referee correctly blew the whistle, but somehow decided that the foul was committed on the floor before the shot, and thus the basket should not count.
Tough to see the logic behind the call, but it was an incredible play from Goodwin nonetheless.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 9
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14