Suns’ Archie Goodwin finishes insane one-handed lob shot at Summer League, but refs waive it off (VIDEO)
Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS – This easily could qualify as the best made shot in all of Summer League action, except for the fact that it was disqualified.
Late in the first half of the Suns’ 91-89 victory over the Heat on Sunday, Archie Goodwin — who’s been impressive for the Suns throughout this competition — went airborne to catch a baseline out of bounds lob pass from Kendall Marshall.
Goodwin was fouled on the play, but maintained enough control to get the shot to bank home off the glass before he hit the deck. The referee correctly blew the whistle, but somehow decided that the foul was committed on the floor before the shot, and thus the basket should not count.
Tough to see the logic behind the call, but it was an incredible play from Goodwin nonetheless.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6