Suns’ Archie Goodwin finishes insane one-handed lob shot at Summer League, but refs waive it off (VIDEO)
Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS — This easily could qualify as the best made shot in all of Summer League action, except for the fact that it was disqualified.
Late in the first half of the Suns’ 91-89 victory over the Heat on Sunday, Archie Goodwin — who’s been impressive for the Suns throughout this competition — went airborne to catch a baseline out of bounds lob pass from Kendall Marshall.
Goodwin was fouled on the play, but maintained enough control to get the shot to bank home off the glass before he hit the deck. The referee correctly blew the whistle, but somehow decided that the foul was committed on the floor before the shot, and thus the basket should not count.
Tough to see the logic behind the call, but it was an incredible play from Goodwin nonetheless.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 0
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 16
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3