Suns’ Archie Goodwin finishes insane one-handed lob shot at Summer League, but refs waive it off (VIDEO)
Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
LAS VEGAS – This easily could qualify as the best made shot in all of Summer League action, except for the fact that it was disqualified.
Late in the first half of the Suns’ 91-89 victory over the Heat on Sunday, Archie Goodwin — who’s been impressive for the Suns throughout this competition — went airborne to catch a baseline out of bounds lob pass from Kendall Marshall.
Goodwin was fouled on the play, but maintained enough control to get the shot to bank home off the glass before he hit the deck. The referee correctly blew the whistle, but somehow decided that the foul was committed on the floor before the shot, and thus the basket should not count.
Tough to see the logic behind the call, but it was an incredible play from Goodwin nonetheless.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11