Suns’ Archie Goodwin finishes insane one-handed lob shot at Summer League, but refs waive it off (VIDEO)
Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
LAS VEGAS – This easily could qualify as the best made shot in all of Summer League action, except for the fact that it was disqualified.
Late in the first half of the Suns’ 91-89 victory over the Heat on Sunday, Archie Goodwin — who’s been impressive for the Suns throughout this competition — went airborne to catch a baseline out of bounds lob pass from Kendall Marshall.
Goodwin was fouled on the play, but maintained enough control to get the shot to bank home off the glass before he hit the deck. The referee correctly blew the whistle, but somehow decided that the foul was committed on the floor before the shot, and thus the basket should not count.
Tough to see the logic behind the call, but it was an incredible play from Goodwin nonetheless.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46