Jul 22, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
We told you this was coming last night, now it has been finalized.
The Dallas Mavericks have traded point guard Nick Calathes to the Memphis Grizzlies for cash. The Grizzlies announced the deal on Monday.
Dallas already had the Grizzlies 2016 second-round draft (back from the Corey Brewer trade), but to make this trade work Memphis lifted all its restrictions on that pick.
Acquired by the Mavericks on draft night 2009, Calathes is a 6’6” point guard who played his college ball at Florida and has spent the past four seasons playing in Europe (last season with Lokomotiv Kuban of the Russian league, where he averaged 12.6 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.2 assists on .547 shooting). He has never set foot on an NBA court. Yet.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 31
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 52
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31