Jul 22, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
We told you this was coming last night, now it has been finalized.
The Dallas Mavericks have traded point guard Nick Calathes to the Memphis Grizzlies for cash. The Grizzlies announced the deal on Monday.
Dallas already had the Grizzlies 2016 second-round draft (back from the Corey Brewer trade), but to make this trade work Memphis lifted all its restrictions on that pick.
Acquired by the Mavericks on draft night 2009, Calathes is a 6’6” point guard who played his college ball at Florida and has spent the past four seasons playing in Europe (last season with Lokomotiv Kuban of the Russian league, where he averaged 12.6 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.2 assists on .547 shooting). He has never set foot on an NBA court. Yet.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6