Jul 22, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
We told you this was coming last night, now it has been finalized.
The Dallas Mavericks have traded point guard Nick Calathes to the Memphis Grizzlies for cash. The Grizzlies announced the deal on Monday.
Dallas already had the Grizzlies 2016 second-round draft (back from the Corey Brewer trade), but to make this trade work Memphis lifted all its restrictions on that pick.
Acquired by the Mavericks on draft night 2009, Calathes is a 6’6” point guard who played his college ball at Florida and has spent the past four seasons playing in Europe (last season with Lokomotiv Kuban of the Russian league, where he averaged 12.6 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.2 assists on .547 shooting). He has never set foot on an NBA court. Yet.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4