Jul 22, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
We told you this was coming last night, now it has been finalized.
The Dallas Mavericks have traded point guard Nick Calathes to the Memphis Grizzlies for cash. The Grizzlies announced the deal on Monday.
Dallas already had the Grizzlies 2016 second-round draft (back from the Corey Brewer trade), but to make this trade work Memphis lifted all its restrictions on that pick.
Acquired by the Mavericks on draft night 2009, Calathes is a 6’6” point guard who played his college ball at Florida and has spent the past four seasons playing in Europe (last season with Lokomotiv Kuban of the Russian league, where he averaged 12.6 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.2 assists on .547 shooting). He has never set foot on an NBA court. Yet.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2