Jul 22, 2013, 1:39 PM EST
We told you this was coming last night, now it has been finalized.
The Dallas Mavericks have traded point guard Nick Calathes to the Memphis Grizzlies for cash. The Grizzlies announced the deal on Monday.
Dallas already had the Grizzlies 2016 second-round draft (back from the Corey Brewer trade), but to make this trade work Memphis lifted all its restrictions on that pick.
Acquired by the Mavericks on draft night 2009, Calathes is a 6’6” point guard who played his college ball at Florida and has spent the past four seasons playing in Europe (last season with Lokomotiv Kuban of the Russian league, where he averaged 12.6 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.2 assists on .547 shooting). He has never set foot on an NBA court. Yet.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 4
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 12
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 19
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30