Jul 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
Indiana point guard George Hill got an invite to the USA basketball minicamp in Las Vegas this week, where Mike Krzyzewski and crew are getting a look at 28 of the best young players in the NBA. Guys that could be part of Team USA in the future.
But Hill has begged out of it due to a “scheduling conflict,” USA Basketball president Jerry Colangelo told the Associated Press.
Since we don’t know what “scheduling conflict” really means — unless you think he actually double-booked himself in the off-season opposite trying to impress Team USA staff — I’ll withhold the snide remarks. I’m going to give Hill the benefit of
Colangelo said the same thing — he will withhold judgment on Hill’s future chances to participate with Team USA until he hears the real reason.
Hill had a good season for the Pacers — 14.2 points and 4.7 assists per game, he shot 36.8 percent from three and had a good PER of 16.6.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 23
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11