Jul 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
Indiana point guard George Hill got an invite to the USA basketball minicamp in Las Vegas this week, where Mike Krzyzewski and crew are getting a look at 28 of the best young players in the NBA. Guys that could be part of Team USA in the future.
But Hill has begged out of it due to a “scheduling conflict,” USA Basketball president Jerry Colangelo told the Associated Press.
Since we don’t know what “scheduling conflict” really means — unless you think he actually double-booked himself in the off-season opposite trying to impress Team USA staff — I’ll withhold the snide remarks. I’m going to give Hill the benefit of
Colangelo said the same thing — he will withhold judgment on Hill’s future chances to participate with Team USA until he hears the real reason.
Hill had a good season for the Pacers — 14.2 points and 4.7 assists per game, he shot 36.8 percent from three and had a good PER of 16.6.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15