Jul 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
Indiana point guard George Hill got an invite to the USA basketball minicamp in Las Vegas this week, where Mike Krzyzewski and crew are getting a look at 28 of the best young players in the NBA. Guys that could be part of Team USA in the future.
But Hill has begged out of it due to a “scheduling conflict,” USA Basketball president Jerry Colangelo told the Associated Press.
Since we don’t know what “scheduling conflict” really means — unless you think he actually double-booked himself in the off-season opposite trying to impress Team USA staff — I’ll withhold the snide remarks. I’m going to give Hill the benefit of
Colangelo said the same thing — he will withhold judgment on Hill’s future chances to participate with Team USA until he hears the real reason.
Hill had a good season for the Pacers — 14.2 points and 4.7 assists per game, he shot 36.8 percent from three and had a good PER of 16.6.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 0
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 2
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 21
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33