Jul 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
Indiana point guard George Hill got an invite to the USA basketball minicamp in Las Vegas this week, where Mike Krzyzewski and crew are getting a look at 28 of the best young players in the NBA. Guys that could be part of Team USA in the future.
But Hill has begged out of it due to a “scheduling conflict,” USA Basketball president Jerry Colangelo told the Associated Press.
Since we don’t know what “scheduling conflict” really means — unless you think he actually double-booked himself in the off-season opposite trying to impress Team USA staff — I’ll withhold the snide remarks. I’m going to give Hill the benefit of
Colangelo said the same thing — he will withhold judgment on Hill’s future chances to participate with Team USA until he hears the real reason.
Hill had a good season for the Pacers — 14.2 points and 4.7 assists per game, he shot 36.8 percent from three and had a good PER of 16.6.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31