Jul 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
Indiana point guard George Hill got an invite to the USA basketball minicamp in Las Vegas this week, where Mike Krzyzewski and crew are getting a look at 28 of the best young players in the NBA. Guys that could be part of Team USA in the future.
But Hill has begged out of it due to a “scheduling conflict,” USA Basketball president Jerry Colangelo told the Associated Press.
Since we don’t know what “scheduling conflict” really means — unless you think he actually double-booked himself in the off-season opposite trying to impress Team USA staff — I’ll withhold the snide remarks. I’m going to give Hill the benefit of
Colangelo said the same thing — he will withhold judgment on Hill’s future chances to participate with Team USA until he hears the real reason.
Hill had a good season for the Pacers — 14.2 points and 4.7 assists per game, he shot 36.8 percent from three and had a good PER of 16.6.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 24
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 11
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 5
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0