Jul 21, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Marcus Camby cleared waivers as expected on Sunday, and is now an unrestricted free agent.
While the Rockets were reported to be the “leading contender” for Camby’s services, there are two other teams believed to still be in the running, as well.
With Marcus Camby having cleared waivers sources said his 3 finalists are the Heat, Rockets and Bulls. He will decide in the next few days
All three of these teams fit the bill, obviously, and Camby can be an elite presence on the boards, even at this advanced stage of his career.
Quality bigs are in short supply in the NBA, and Camby’s presence on a postseason roster, if he’s healthy and able to contribute, could turn out to be an important one in helping an elite team advance through the playoffs.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)