Jul 21, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Marcus Camby cleared waivers as expected on Sunday, and is now an unrestricted free agent.
While the Rockets were reported to be the “leading contender” for Camby’s services, there are two other teams believed to still be in the running, as well.
With Marcus Camby having cleared waivers sources said his 3 finalists are the Heat, Rockets and Bulls. He will decide in the next few days
All three of these teams fit the bill, obviously, and Camby can be an elite presence on the boards, even at this advanced stage of his career.
Quality bigs are in short supply in the NBA, and Camby’s presence on a postseason roster, if he’s healthy and able to contribute, could turn out to be an important one in helping an elite team advance through the playoffs.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 32
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 52
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8