Jul 21, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Marcus Camby cleared waivers as expected on Sunday, and is now an unrestricted free agent.
While the Rockets were reported to be the “leading contender” for Camby’s services, there are two other teams believed to still be in the running, as well.
With Marcus Camby having cleared waivers sources said his 3 finalists are the Heat, Rockets and Bulls. He will decide in the next few days
All three of these teams fit the bill, obviously, and Camby can be an elite presence on the boards, even at this advanced stage of his career.
Quality bigs are in short supply in the NBA, and Camby’s presence on a postseason roster, if he’s healthy and able to contribute, could turn out to be an important one in helping an elite team advance through the playoffs.
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 0
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 18
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 16
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 16
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48