Jul 20, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Leandro Barbosa spend the first half of last season playing a limited role in Boston but he started to see a lot more minutes after Rajon Rondo tore his ACL — then Barbosa tore his ACL (and had some MCL damage).
Which means he likely is not ready to play at the start of this season, which in turn makes it tough to land a contract as a free agent (he was traded to the Wizards as part of the Jason Collins deal at the deadline then Washington let his contract expire).
Several teams in his native Brazil apparently reached out to Barbosa, but the 10-year NBA veteran is on his way back to the states if he has his way.
Coming back from major knee surgery at age 30, for a guy whose game was largely based around his quickness, could be a real challenge.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28