Jul 20, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Leandro Barbosa spend the first half of last season playing a limited role in Boston but he started to see a lot more minutes after Rajon Rondo tore his ACL — then Barbosa tore his ACL (and had some MCL damage).
Which means he likely is not ready to play at the start of this season, which in turn makes it tough to land a contract as a free agent (he was traded to the Wizards as part of the Jason Collins deal at the deadline then Washington let his contract expire).
Several teams in his native Brazil apparently reached out to Barbosa, but the 10-year NBA veteran is on his way back to the states if he has his way.
Coming back from major knee surgery at age 30, for a guy whose game was largely based around his quickness, could be a real challenge.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 1
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20