Jul 20, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Leandro Barbosa spend the first half of last season playing a limited role in Boston but he started to see a lot more minutes after Rajon Rondo tore his ACL — then Barbosa tore his ACL (and had some MCL damage).
Which means he likely is not ready to play at the start of this season, which in turn makes it tough to land a contract as a free agent (he was traded to the Wizards as part of the Jason Collins deal at the deadline then Washington let his contract expire).
Several teams in his native Brazil apparently reached out to Barbosa, but the 10-year NBA veteran is on his way back to the states if he has his way.
Coming back from major knee surgery at age 30, for a guy whose game was largely based around his quickness, could be a real challenge.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 21
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 37
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 56
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28