Jul 20, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Leandro Barbosa spend the first half of last season playing a limited role in Boston but he started to see a lot more minutes after Rajon Rondo tore his ACL — then Barbosa tore his ACL (and had some MCL damage).
Which means he likely is not ready to play at the start of this season, which in turn makes it tough to land a contract as a free agent (he was traded to the Wizards as part of the Jason Collins deal at the deadline then Washington let his contract expire).
Several teams in his native Brazil apparently reached out to Barbosa, but the 10-year NBA veteran is on his way back to the states if he has his way.
Coming back from major knee surgery at age 30, for a guy whose game was largely based around his quickness, could be a real challenge.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 36
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8