Jul 20, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Leandro Barbosa spend the first half of last season playing a limited role in Boston but he started to see a lot more minutes after Rajon Rondo tore his ACL — then Barbosa tore his ACL (and had some MCL damage).
Which means he likely is not ready to play at the start of this season, which in turn makes it tough to land a contract as a free agent (he was traded to the Wizards as part of the Jason Collins deal at the deadline then Washington let his contract expire).
Several teams in his native Brazil apparently reached out to Barbosa, but the 10-year NBA veteran is on his way back to the states if he has his way.
Coming back from major knee surgery at age 30, for a guy whose game was largely based around his quickness, could be a real challenge.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8