Jul 19, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
When you start talking about Summer League MVP candidates, Golden State sophomore Kent Bazemore‘s name needs to come up (along the Portland’s C.J. McCollum, Toronto’s Jonas Valanciunas, and Chicago’s Andrew Goudelock).
Bazemore is averaging 18 points a game for the undefeated Warriors, and he put up 25 on Thursday against Dallas. The Old Dominion guard knows how to score in bunches. And dunk, if nobody bothers to get between him and the basket, which happened Thursday and led to one of the better power dunks of Summer League.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 0
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 17
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 41
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65