Jul 19, 2013, 4:29 PM EST
Washington could be a playoff team in the East if they can stay healthy — John Wall started to play like everyone had hoped at the end of last season, Bradley Beal can shoot, people forget Nene is a quality big when healthy.
And for a little depth up front, how about DeJuan Blair?
It could happen, tweets the well connected Adam Zagoria.
As Wojnarowski noted at Yahoo Sports, this would need to be a sign-and-trade if it is for anything more than the minimum.
Blair is a solid backup big, even though he fell out of the Spurs rotation because Tiago Splitter was bigger and better. It wasn’t so much that Blair was terrible — in his 61 appearances last season he shot 52.4 percent and had a PER of 14.6, right about the league average — as much as other Spurs were just better. Blair did better in a larger role in previous years with the Spurs.
The Wizards have Emeka Okafor, Nene, Jan Vesely and Kevin Seraphin up front. Blair lacks the upside of some of those guys, but he’s more consistent. This could be a good fit if the price is reasonable.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 6
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 7
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29