Jul 19, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
Washington could be a playoff team in the East if they can stay healthy — John Wall started to play like everyone had hoped at the end of last season, Bradley Beal can shoot, people forget Nene is a quality big when healthy.
And for a little depth up front, how about DeJuan Blair?
It could happen, tweets the well connected Adam Zagoria.
As Wojnarowski noted at Yahoo Sports, this would need to be a sign-and-trade if it is for anything more than the minimum.
Blair is a solid backup big, even though he fell out of the Spurs rotation because Tiago Splitter was bigger and better. It wasn’t so much that Blair was terrible — in his 61 appearances last season he shot 52.4 percent and had a PER of 14.6, right about the league average — as much as other Spurs were just better. Blair did better in a larger role in previous years with the Spurs.
The Wizards have Emeka Okafor, Nene, Jan Vesely and Kevin Seraphin up front. Blair lacks the upside of some of those guys, but he’s more consistent. This could be a good fit if the price is reasonable.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5