Jul 19, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
Washington could be a playoff team in the East if they can stay healthy — John Wall started to play like everyone had hoped at the end of last season, Bradley Beal can shoot, people forget Nene is a quality big when healthy.
And for a little depth up front, how about DeJuan Blair?
It could happen, tweets the well connected Adam Zagoria.
As Wojnarowski noted at Yahoo Sports, this would need to be a sign-and-trade if it is for anything more than the minimum.
Blair is a solid backup big, even though he fell out of the Spurs rotation because Tiago Splitter was bigger and better. It wasn’t so much that Blair was terrible — in his 61 appearances last season he shot 52.4 percent and had a PER of 14.6, right about the league average — as much as other Spurs were just better. Blair did better in a larger role in previous years with the Spurs.
The Wizards have Emeka Okafor, Nene, Jan Vesely and Kevin Seraphin up front. Blair lacks the upside of some of those guys, but he’s more consistent. This could be a good fit if the price is reasonable.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25