Jul 19, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
Washington could be a playoff team in the East if they can stay healthy — John Wall started to play like everyone had hoped at the end of last season, Bradley Beal can shoot, people forget Nene is a quality big when healthy.
And for a little depth up front, how about DeJuan Blair?
It could happen, tweets the well connected Adam Zagoria.
As Wojnarowski noted at Yahoo Sports, this would need to be a sign-and-trade if it is for anything more than the minimum.
Blair is a solid backup big, even though he fell out of the Spurs rotation because Tiago Splitter was bigger and better. It wasn’t so much that Blair was terrible — in his 61 appearances last season he shot 52.4 percent and had a PER of 14.6, right about the league average — as much as other Spurs were just better. Blair did better in a larger role in previous years with the Spurs.
The Wizards have Emeka Okafor, Nene, Jan Vesely and Kevin Seraphin up front. Blair lacks the upside of some of those guys, but he’s more consistent. This could be a good fit if the price is reasonable.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50