Jul 19, 2013, 7:47 PM EDT
Don’t everyone crowd around, the line forms to the right.
Drew Gooden is a free agent. The Bucks amnestied the 11-year veteran and nobody stepped up to clear him of waivers, so now anybody can negotiate him reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
Gooden is owed two years, $13.4 million on his contract, the end of a full mid-level five-year, $32 million deal. He played in just 16 games for the Bucks last season, but a season earlier he started 46 games scoring 13.2 points a game with a PER of 18.8.
Which is to say used in the right place on an inexpensive deal, he could have some value. We’ll see if any team grabs him.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11