Jul 19, 2013, 7:47 PM EDT
Don’t everyone crowd around, the line forms to the right.
Drew Gooden is a free agent. The Bucks amnestied the 11-year veteran and nobody stepped up to clear him of waivers, so now anybody can negotiate him reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
Gooden is owed two years, $13.4 million on his contract, the end of a full mid-level five-year, $32 million deal. He played in just 16 games for the Bucks last season, but a season earlier he started 46 games scoring 13.2 points a game with a PER of 18.8.
Which is to say used in the right place on an inexpensive deal, he could have some value. We’ll see if any team grabs him.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30