Jul 18, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
The Toronto Raptors are on the verge of buying out Marcus Camby. He was traded to Toronto as part of the Andrea Bargnani deal (have fun with that one Knicks) but the veteran didn’t want to spend the last couple years of his career with a rebuilding team.
He wanted to go to a contender.
Which is what looks like will happen once the buyout is complete, reports Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com.
While a couple of those teams have all or part of their mid-level exception left, this almost certainly would be a minimum deal.
The Heat are in the Greg Oden race, if they land Camby that chase likely ends. The Clippers would be a place Camby certainly could get minutes as they are thin behind DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin up front.
Camby could help a team with defense in the paint and a solid midrange jumper, if he can stay healthy — he has only played in 43 games combined the past two seasons.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 69
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31