Jul 18, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
The Toronto Raptors are on the verge of buying out Marcus Camby. He was traded to Toronto as part of the Andrea Bargnani deal (have fun with that one Knicks) but the veteran didn’t want to spend the last couple years of his career with a rebuilding team.
He wanted to go to a contender.
Which is what looks like will happen once the buyout is complete, reports Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com.
While a couple of those teams have all or part of their mid-level exception left, this almost certainly would be a minimum deal.
The Heat are in the Greg Oden race, if they land Camby that chase likely ends. The Clippers would be a place Camby certainly could get minutes as they are thin behind DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin up front.
Camby could help a team with defense in the paint and a solid midrange jumper, if he can stay healthy — he has only played in 43 games combined the past two seasons.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 2
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6