Jul 18, 2013, 11:13 AM EST
The Toronto Raptors are on the verge of buying out Marcus Camby. He was traded to Toronto as part of the Andrea Bargnani deal (have fun with that one Knicks) but the veteran didn’t want to spend the last couple years of his career with a rebuilding team.
He wanted to go to a contender.
Which is what looks like will happen once the buyout is complete, reports Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com.
While a couple of those teams have all or part of their mid-level exception left, this almost certainly would be a minimum deal.
The Heat are in the Greg Oden race, if they land Camby that chase likely ends. The Clippers would be a place Camby certainly could get minutes as they are thin behind DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin up front.
Camby could help a team with defense in the paint and a solid midrange jumper, if he can stay healthy — he has only played in 43 games combined the past two seasons.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45