Jul 18, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
In case you missed ESPN’s annual award show the ESPYs Wednesday night because you were watching NBA GMs play table tennis or some other odd reason, Don Draper was the host. His friends call him Jon Hamm, but I believe in typecasting. And I love “Mad Men.”
A few of his other hits, as transcribed by Ben at The Point Forward:
• “Congratulations to the NBA champion Miami Heat. The Heat won their second championship in a row this year, thanks in large part to their coach, Bruno Mars. Love your work.” (Erik Spoelstra laughed.)
• “Are there any Miami Heat fans here or did they leave already?”
• “It’s not all bad for the Spurs, though. Manu Ginobili is going to take some time off and do some traveling. I’m not sure if he’ll get called for it, but he’s going to do it anyway.”
Apr 21, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
Bulls holding news conference to announce an award
Apr 21, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
This isn’t a euphemism, he does want to spend more time with his family.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Luca Ginobili born this morning
Apr 21, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Steve Kerr next in line?
Apr 21, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Hawks point guard scored 28 points in Game 1 upset of Pacers
Al Jefferson got two shots in his injured foot, left arena in walking boot, plans to play through it
Apr 21, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Charlotte already had a slim margin for error against Miami (if that) and their star being hobbled is not helping matters.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Hopefully the refs let the Clippers and Warriors play some playoff basketball this time around. Thunder/Grizzlies Game 2 as well on Monday.
Apr 21, 2014, 3:49 AM EDT
Houston point guard to have MRI Monday
Apr 21, 2014, 2:32 AM EDT
Aldridge set a Blazers record with 46 points in a playoff game. Nene reminded everyone why he got paid big bucks a few years back — when healthy he is a beast.
Apr 21, 2014, 2:29 AM EDT
Aldridge scores 46 points, grabs 18 rebounds to lead comeback
Apr 20, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Nene gets his first start since February and the Wizards steal Game 1.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Kemba Walker made James Jones look bad.
Apr 20, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Bobcats were scrappy, but with Al Jefferson hurting Miami just had too much LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
Apr 20, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Touching moment as Gregg Popovich delivers a heartfelt message.
Apr 20, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Spurs close the game on a 19-4 run after trailing by double digits.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Statement confirms referees handled replay review correctly, but also admits that they missed the initial foul call on a critical possession.
Apr 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
If Jim Buss fails to deliver in quickly rebuilding the Lakers, he says he’ll resign.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Roy Hibbert owned up to a poor Game 1. Will he do anything about it in Game 2 is the question.
Apr 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Shot clocks stopped working midway through the third quarter, but Raptors say all will be well in time for Game 2.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Where you going, Evan?
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 2
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 17
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 16