Jul 18, 2013, 11:52 AM EST
In case you missed ESPN’s annual award show the ESPYs Wednesday night because you were watching NBA GMs play table tennis or some other odd reason, Don Draper was the host. His friends call him Jon Hamm, but I believe in typecasting. And I love “Mad Men.”
A few of his other hits, as transcribed by Ben at The Point Forward:
• “Congratulations to the NBA champion Miami Heat. The Heat won their second championship in a row this year, thanks in large part to their coach, Bruno Mars. Love your work.” (Erik Spoelstra laughed.)
• “Are there any Miami Heat fans here or did they leave already?”
• “It’s not all bad for the Spurs, though. Manu Ginobili is going to take some time off and do some traveling. I’m not sure if he’ll get called for it, but he’s going to do it anyway.”
Mar 6, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Davis can get up when necessary.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
Sixers remain uninterested in getting their most talented players on the floor.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
Lakers are desperately trying to get back to the level of title contenders.
Mar 6, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
Gasol will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, but is more than likely to remain with the Grizzlies.
Mar 6, 2015, 6:30 PM EST
Indeed it is.
Mar 6, 2015, 5:39 PM EST
He was even hitting his free throws.
Mar 6, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
It’s starting to feel like the playoffs are coming, play is getting chippy.
Mar 6, 2015, 4:02 PM EST
It was worth a shot.
Mar 6, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
It would be a long road back for White, but there is a road.
Mar 6, 2015, 2:37 PM EST
Raptors need their All-Star point guard to get on track
Mar 6, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
Pacers great tells fantastic tale of trash-talking gone awry
Mar 6, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
Do the Lakers have a chance?
Blindfolded attempt in Philippines Basketball Association dunk contest goes very, very poorly (video)
Mar 6, 2015, 12:16 PM EST
Mar 6, 2015, 11:39 AM EST
Orlando should do better
Mar 6, 2015, 10:34 AM EST
Portland can overcome loss of shooting guard, but it won’t be easy
Mar 6, 2015, 9:43 AM EST
It was a big win, but still
Mar 6, 2015, 9:07 AM EST
Former Celtics star continues what he began Wilkins’ rookie year
Mar 6, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He said his Achilles has been bothering him.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
The form wasn’t pretty but the result was.
Mar 6, 2015, 3:10 AM EST
Westbrook is still a machine
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14