Jul 18, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
In case you missed ESPN’s annual award show the ESPYs Wednesday night because you were watching NBA GMs play table tennis or some other odd reason, Don Draper was the host. His friends call him Jon Hamm, but I believe in typecasting. And I love “Mad Men.”
A few of his other hits, as transcribed by Ben at The Point Forward:
• “Congratulations to the NBA champion Miami Heat. The Heat won their second championship in a row this year, thanks in large part to their coach, Bruno Mars. Love your work.” (Erik Spoelstra laughed.)
• “Are there any Miami Heat fans here or did they leave already?”
• “It’s not all bad for the Spurs, though. Manu Ginobili is going to take some time off and do some traveling. I’m not sure if he’ll get called for it, but he’s going to do it anyway.”
May 24, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Curry not only dropped 40, but he was talking back to the fans in Houston.
May 24, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Depending on what happens with the first two picks, Philadelphia could fill both requirements.
May 24, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
If one play can sum up a game, this was it.
May 24, 2015, 12:57 AM EDT
There’s seemingly no solving Golden State’s dominant defense
May 24, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Houston has played well and valiantly this postseason, but the Warriors are simply better.
May 23, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
He did it in nine fewer games than Miller.
May 23, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Great stuff from the game’s best player.
May 23, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Ross, and the Raptors, had a disappointing season.
May 23, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
He certainly is one of the greatest ball handlers of all time.
Lakers GM: If free agents don’t choose L.A. because of Kobe Bryant, ‘we don’t want them. You should go someplace else.’
May 23, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Lakers need a strong-willed star to carry them into their next era of greatness.
May 23, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
I’d say this puts the Hawks in a difficult spot, but they already were in one.
May 23, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
May 23, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
The popular former Magic player would sell well to the fan base.
May 23, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Clean block that was unfortunately called a foul.
May 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Atlanta is already down 2-0 to Cleveland in the series, and if Korver misses any time, the Hawks are finished.
May 23, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He would bring a defensive mindset that he team could use.
May 23, 2015, 12:25 AM EDT
Cleveland shut down Atlanta’s offense in a dominant Game 2 performance.
May 22, 2015, 11:16 PM EDT
LeBron was great, and that was enough against a Hawks team that keeps losing guys due to injury.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
There’s also video of Harden doing some damage in the tunnel on the way to the locker room.
May 22, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Ruled a flagrant, which was probably the correct call under the circumstances.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 24
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7