Jul 18, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
Mike Miller is popular in Miami — he has played a limited role the last couple regular season, but he has shown up to knock down big threes come the playoffs. Remember the closeout Game 5 against the Thunder in 2012 when he channeled the spirit of Reggie Miller and couldn’t seem to miss?
But the Heat cut Miller loose via the amnesty clause — money wins out over loyalty in the NBA and this move saved the Heat a lot of tax dollars.
But they thanked him with this full page add you see below.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14