Jul 18, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
Mike Miller is popular in Miami — he has played a limited role the last couple regular season, but he has shown up to knock down big threes come the playoffs. Remember the closeout Game 5 against the Thunder in 2012 when he channeled the spirit of Reggie Miller and couldn’t seem to miss?
But the Heat cut Miller loose via the amnesty clause — money wins out over loyalty in the NBA and this move saved the Heat a lot of tax dollars.
But they thanked him with this full page add you see below.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 14
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 7
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)