Jul 18, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
Mike Miller is popular in Miami — he has played a limited role the last couple regular season, but he has shown up to knock down big threes come the playoffs. Remember the closeout Game 5 against the Thunder in 2012 when he channeled the spirit of Reggie Miller and couldn’t seem to miss?
But the Heat cut Miller loose via the amnesty clause — money wins out over loyalty in the NBA and this move saved the Heat a lot of tax dollars.
But they thanked him with this full page add you see below.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10