Jul 18, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
Mike Miller is popular in Miami — he has played a limited role the last couple regular season, but he has shown up to knock down big threes come the playoffs. Remember the closeout Game 5 against the Thunder in 2012 when he channeled the spirit of Reggie Miller and couldn’t seem to miss?
But the Heat cut Miller loose via the amnesty clause — money wins out over loyalty in the NBA and this move saved the Heat a lot of tax dollars.
But they thanked him with this full page add you see below.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 12
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 24
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18