Jul 17, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
This dunk is impressive… and so very Summer League.
Memphis’ Vander Blue was one of the more interesting undrafted players at Summer League, and here he makes a nice baseline cut and has a great finish. What makes this play so Summer League is the way his defender completely loses track of him then there is no defensive rotation to cover up that mistake or protect the rim.
Does that kind of thing happen in a regular NBA game? Sure. But not all the time, where in Summer League that’s pretty much what you see every game.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 17
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 36
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 6
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2