Jul 17, 2013, 10:52 AM EST
This dunk is impressive… and so very Summer League.
Memphis’ Vander Blue was one of the more interesting undrafted players at Summer League, and here he makes a nice baseline cut and has a great finish. What makes this play so Summer League is the way his defender completely loses track of him then there is no defensive rotation to cover up that mistake or protect the rim.
Does that kind of thing happen in a regular NBA game? Sure. But not all the time, where in Summer League that’s pretty much what you see every game.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)