Jul 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Philadelphia is in no rush to pick a head coach. New GM Sam Hinkie has been remaking the roster — wisely, they are going to get better long term by getting bad first, as much as this coming season may be a rough one — and evaluating the players already on the roster.
But the coaching search is starting to pick up a little steam. They are going to interview Heat assistant coach Dave Fizdale, who was one of the bigger names remaining among top assistant coaches.
But there are more, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The Larranaga news wasn’t exactly new, but it all goes to show the deliberate pace of the search. Whoever the Sixers get they want to be there for the rebuild, to work with who they get in future drafts, a guy who can develop talent and teach. It’s a big decision.
At this point there are no new deadlines, so expect this to continue on for a little bit.
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 2
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5
- Kobe Bryant passes 32,000 career points milestone 6