Jul 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Philadelphia is in no rush to pick a head coach. New GM Sam Hinkie has been remaking the roster — wisely, they are going to get better long term by getting bad first, as much as this coming season may be a rough one — and evaluating the players already on the roster.
But the coaching search is starting to pick up a little steam. They are going to interview Heat assistant coach Dave Fizdale, who was one of the bigger names remaining among top assistant coaches.
But there are more, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The Larranaga news wasn’t exactly new, but it all goes to show the deliberate pace of the search. Whoever the Sixers get they want to be there for the rebuild, to work with who they get in future drafts, a guy who can develop talent and teach. It’s a big decision.
At this point there are no new deadlines, so expect this to continue on for a little bit.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38