Jul 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Philadelphia is in no rush to pick a head coach. New GM Sam Hinkie has been remaking the roster — wisely, they are going to get better long term by getting bad first, as much as this coming season may be a rough one — and evaluating the players already on the roster.
But the coaching search is starting to pick up a little steam. They are going to interview Heat assistant coach Dave Fizdale, who was one of the bigger names remaining among top assistant coaches.
But there are more, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The Larranaga news wasn’t exactly new, but it all goes to show the deliberate pace of the search. Whoever the Sixers get they want to be there for the rebuild, to work with who they get in future drafts, a guy who can develop talent and teach. It’s a big decision.
At this point there are no new deadlines, so expect this to continue on for a little bit.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49