Jul 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Philadelphia is in no rush to pick a head coach. New GM Sam Hinkie has been remaking the roster — wisely, they are going to get better long term by getting bad first, as much as this coming season may be a rough one — and evaluating the players already on the roster.
But the coaching search is starting to pick up a little steam. They are going to interview Heat assistant coach Dave Fizdale, who was one of the bigger names remaining among top assistant coaches.
But there are more, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The Larranaga news wasn’t exactly new, but it all goes to show the deliberate pace of the search. Whoever the Sixers get they want to be there for the rebuild, to work with who they get in future drafts, a guy who can develop talent and teach. It’s a big decision.
At this point there are no new deadlines, so expect this to continue on for a little bit.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 6
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 5
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 13
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 10
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14