Jul 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Philadelphia is in no rush to pick a head coach. New GM Sam Hinkie has been remaking the roster — wisely, they are going to get better long term by getting bad first, as much as this coming season may be a rough one — and evaluating the players already on the roster.
But the coaching search is starting to pick up a little steam. They are going to interview Heat assistant coach Dave Fizdale, who was one of the bigger names remaining among top assistant coaches.
But there are more, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
The Larranaga news wasn’t exactly new, but it all goes to show the deliberate pace of the search. Whoever the Sixers get they want to be there for the rebuild, to work with who they get in future drafts, a guy who can develop talent and teach. It’s a big decision.
At this point there are no new deadlines, so expect this to continue on for a little bit.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85