Jul 17, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Don’t go too far here, there will not be a bidding war for Timofey Mozgov. That might be a sign of the apocalypse. But apparently there are a couple of teams interested.
Sacramento wants another big off the bench and is considering trying to get the Russian center to sign an offer sheet, reports the Sacramento Bee.
They add the chances of the Kings actually landing him are pretty slim in part because the Nuggets have the rights to the restricted free agent.
The Kings are in the market for another center, one with size who would help protect the rim. They met with former top overall pick Greg Oden this week and have an interest in Denver restricted free agent Timofey Mozgov….
Pursuing Mozgov would be tough. The Nuggets likely would match any offer for him considering they have only one other experienced center, JaVale McGee. The Kings also would have had to amnesty Salmons to present an offer sheet lucrative enough to entice Mozgov, so a sign-and-trade or trade for another player are more feasible options.
Oden seems a longer shot that Mozgov — the Heat and Spurs are considered the front-runners for Oden and the Pelicans are getting in the mix and reportedly will offer the former No. 1 pick $3 million for next season.
More likely the Kings will end up getting whatever other big doesn’t have a chair when the music stops. Mozgov kind of has a chair.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9