Jul 17, 2013, 5:26 PM EST
Don’t go too far here, there will not be a bidding war for Timofey Mozgov. That might be a sign of the apocalypse. But apparently there are a couple of teams interested.
Sacramento wants another big off the bench and is considering trying to get the Russian center to sign an offer sheet, reports the Sacramento Bee.
They add the chances of the Kings actually landing him are pretty slim in part because the Nuggets have the rights to the restricted free agent.
The Kings are in the market for another center, one with size who would help protect the rim. They met with former top overall pick Greg Oden this week and have an interest in Denver restricted free agent Timofey Mozgov….
Pursuing Mozgov would be tough. The Nuggets likely would match any offer for him considering they have only one other experienced center, JaVale McGee. The Kings also would have had to amnesty Salmons to present an offer sheet lucrative enough to entice Mozgov, so a sign-and-trade or trade for another player are more feasible options.
Oden seems a longer shot that Mozgov — the Heat and Spurs are considered the front-runners for Oden and the Pelicans are getting in the mix and reportedly will offer the former No. 1 pick $3 million for next season.
More likely the Kings will end up getting whatever other big doesn’t have a chair when the music stops. Mozgov kind of has a chair.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 0
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 33
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11