Jul 17, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Don’t go too far here, there will not be a bidding war for Timofey Mozgov. That might be a sign of the apocalypse. But apparently there are a couple of teams interested.
Sacramento wants another big off the bench and is considering trying to get the Russian center to sign an offer sheet, reports the Sacramento Bee.
They add the chances of the Kings actually landing him are pretty slim in part because the Nuggets have the rights to the restricted free agent.
The Kings are in the market for another center, one with size who would help protect the rim. They met with former top overall pick Greg Oden this week and have an interest in Denver restricted free agent Timofey Mozgov….
Pursuing Mozgov would be tough. The Nuggets likely would match any offer for him considering they have only one other experienced center, JaVale McGee. The Kings also would have had to amnesty Salmons to present an offer sheet lucrative enough to entice Mozgov, so a sign-and-trade or trade for another player are more feasible options.
Oden seems a longer shot that Mozgov — the Heat and Spurs are considered the front-runners for Oden and the Pelicans are getting in the mix and reportedly will offer the former No. 1 pick $3 million for next season.
More likely the Kings will end up getting whatever other big doesn’t have a chair when the music stops. Mozgov kind of has a chair.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7