Jul 17, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
Marcus Camby will soon be a free agent.
From the moment he was shipped back to Toronto in the Andrea Bargnani trade, Camby has been clear he didn’t want to play for the Raptors. He’s got a couple years left in the league, playing the role of backup big off the bench for the league minimum, and he wants to do that where he can get a ring.
Toronto has cool with that and the sides reached a buyout agreement, the Raptors announced. He was placed on waivers, which he certainly will clear. He was owed $8.5 million for the next two seasons but only $1 million of that was guaranteed.
This makes Camby an unrestricted free agent. The Bulls, Rockets and Clippers are reportedly interested, and you can expect a few other teams to throw their hat in the ring.
When healthy — he has only played in 43 games combined the past two seasons — he can still defend in the paint and has a midrange jumper you have to respect. But he’s not a big impact player for any of these teams.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7