Jul 17, 2013, 4:43 PM EST
Marcus Camby will soon be a free agent.
From the moment he was shipped back to Toronto in the Andrea Bargnani trade, Camby has been clear he didn’t want to play for the Raptors. He’s got a couple years left in the league, playing the role of backup big off the bench for the league minimum, and he wants to do that where he can get a ring.
Toronto has cool with that and the sides reached a buyout agreement, the Raptors announced. He was placed on waivers, which he certainly will clear. He was owed $8.5 million for the next two seasons but only $1 million of that was guaranteed.
This makes Camby an unrestricted free agent. The Bulls, Rockets and Clippers are reportedly interested, and you can expect a few other teams to throw their hat in the ring.
When healthy — he has only played in 43 games combined the past two seasons — he can still defend in the paint and has a midrange jumper you have to respect. But he’s not a big impact player for any of these teams.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 32
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 24
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 11
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10