Jul 17, 2013, 4:43 PM EST
Marcus Camby will soon be a free agent.
From the moment he was shipped back to Toronto in the Andrea Bargnani trade, Camby has been clear he didn’t want to play for the Raptors. He’s got a couple years left in the league, playing the role of backup big off the bench for the league minimum, and he wants to do that where he can get a ring.
Toronto has cool with that and the sides reached a buyout agreement, the Raptors announced. He was placed on waivers, which he certainly will clear. He was owed $8.5 million for the next two seasons but only $1 million of that was guaranteed.
This makes Camby an unrestricted free agent. The Bulls, Rockets and Clippers are reportedly interested, and you can expect a few other teams to throw their hat in the ring.
When healthy — he has only played in 43 games combined the past two seasons — he can still defend in the paint and has a midrange jumper you have to respect. But he’s not a big impact player for any of these teams.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10