Jul 17, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Eric Gordon’s last couple seasons in New Orleans haven’t been pretty. Injuries leading to not playing, the request to leave town and body language to suggest he was not happy that he had to stay.
Well, it’s a good sign that he came out from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to watch the Pelicans Summer League team on Wednesday (New Orleans lost to Denver and was eliminated from the new tournament). Then there is this note from Michael Gallagher of NBC’s own Rotoworld.
Remember Gordon had ankle surgery back in May.
Holiday at the one, Anthony cutting baseline and finding gaps in the defense, Evans slashing to the rim… Gordon in that mix makes the Hornets a team to watch.
There are a lot of questions about the Hornets and we’re not going to be able to answer them until we start seeing games that matter. Among those questions is how invested is Gordon? And is he healthy?
The early signs are good on both counts.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4