Jul 17, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Eric Gordon’s last couple seasons in New Orleans haven’t been pretty. Injuries leading to not playing, the request to leave town and body language to suggest he was not happy that he had to stay.
Well, it’s a good sign that he came out from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to watch the Pelicans Summer League team on Wednesday (New Orleans lost to Denver and was eliminated from the new tournament). Then there is this note from Michael Gallagher of NBC’s own Rotoworld.
Eric Gordon just told Monty Williams that he's going to be back in a few weeks.—
Michael Gallagher (@MikeSGallagher) July 18, 2013
Remember Gordon had ankle surgery back in May.
Holiday at the one, Anthony cutting baseline and finding gaps in the defense, Evans slashing to the rim… Gordon in that mix makes the Hornets a team to watch.
There are a lot of questions about the Hornets and we’re not going to be able to answer them until we start seeing games that matter. Among those questions is how invested is Gordon? And is he healthy?
The early signs are good on both counts.
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 0
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 13
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 10
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 38