Jul 17, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Eric Gordon’s last couple seasons in New Orleans haven’t been pretty. Injuries leading to not playing, the request to leave town and body language to suggest he was not happy that he had to stay.
Well, it’s a good sign that he came out from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to watch the Pelicans Summer League team on Wednesday (New Orleans lost to Denver and was eliminated from the new tournament). Then there is this note from Michael Gallagher of NBC’s own Rotoworld.
Eric Gordon just told Monty Williams that he's going to be back in a few weeks.—
Michael Gallagher (@MikeSGallagher) July 18, 2013
Remember Gordon had ankle surgery back in May.
Holiday at the one, Anthony cutting baseline and finding gaps in the defense, Evans slashing to the rim… Gordon in that mix makes the Hornets a team to watch.
There are a lot of questions about the Hornets and we’re not going to be able to answer them until we start seeing games that matter. Among those questions is how invested is Gordon? And is he healthy?
The early signs are good on both counts.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5