Report: Raptors nearing buyout with Marcus Camby, who will receive interest from Clippers, Bulls and Rockets
Jul 16, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
Marcus Camby wasn’t happy to be traded to the Raptors, who tried to flip him before the deal – also involving Andrea Bargnani – ever became official. When that didn’t happen, Camby again expressed his desire for a buyout or trade.
Because of his high salary – $4,383,773 next season and $4,177,208 the following year ($1,025,890 guaranteed) – age and lack of production, the 39-year-old Camby doesn’t have much trade value. This was clearly coming down to how much Camby valued his guaranteed salary and how much he was willing to give up in exchange for his freedom to choose his next team.
Apparently, Camby has found the right number. Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports:
Of that group, the Clippers seem like they’d be the best fit. Los Angeles needs more big-man depth behind Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan to battle Dwight Howard and the Rockets, Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph of the Grizzlies and Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter of the Spurs. The Clippers are a bona fide championship contender, and in a limited role, Camby might help them.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 2
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 3
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4