Report: Raptors nearing buyout with Marcus Camby, who will receive interest from Clippers, Bulls and Rockets
Jul 16, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
Marcus Camby wasn’t happy to be traded to the Raptors, who tried to flip him before the deal – also involving Andrea Bargnani – ever became official. When that didn’t happen, Camby again expressed his desire for a buyout or trade.
Because of his high salary – $4,383,773 next season and $4,177,208 the following year ($1,025,890 guaranteed) – age and lack of production, the 39-year-old Camby doesn’t have much trade value. This was clearly coming down to how much Camby valued his guaranteed salary and how much he was willing to give up in exchange for his freedom to choose his next team.
Apparently, Camby has found the right number. Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports:
Of that group, the Clippers seem like they’d be the best fit. Los Angeles needs more big-man depth behind Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan to battle Dwight Howard and the Rockets, Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph of the Grizzlies and Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter of the Spurs. The Clippers are a bona fide championship contender, and in a limited role, Camby might help them.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30