Jul 16, 2013, 11:36 PM EST
Ronnie Price has reached an agreement with the Orlando Magic, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Alex Kennedy of Hoops World:
Ronnie Price's agreement with the Orlando Magic is finalized. It'll be a one-year deal at the minimum and contract will be fully guaranteed.—
Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) July 17, 2013
Lucas, a 5-foot-11 point guard who averaged 5.3 points and 1.7 assists per game for the Raptors last season, Price, a 6-foot-2 combo guard who averaged 2.9 points and 1.9 assists per game for the Trail Blazers last season, won’t win the Jazz Magic any games and therefore won’t hurt their lottery odds. So, great signing right off the bat.Developing Trey Burke Victor Oladipo is still Utah’s Orlando top priority at point guard, but the growth of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter Nicola Vucevic and Tobias Harris is also important. Lucas Price, a capable NBA point guard, will allow Favors and Kanter Vucevic and Harris minutes in a viable offense while Burke is Oladipo and Jameer Nelson are on the bench. Without a player like Lucas Price, the Jazz’s Magic’s offense could have turned haphazard while Burke Oladipo and Nelson rest s, those minutes turning worthless in terms of Favors’ and Kanter’s Vucevic’s and Harris’ development.Tanking is about losing a lot of games, but the teams that tank best also develop their young players in the process. Lucas Price should help Utah Orlando do the latter without preventing the former.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 1
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 3
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)