Jul 16, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Ronnie Price has reached an agreement with the Orlando Magic, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Alex Kennedy of Hoops World:
Lucas, a 5-foot-11 point guard who averaged 5.3 points and 1.7 assists per game for the Raptors last season, Price, a 6-foot-2 combo guard who averaged 2.9 points and 1.9 assists per game for the Trail Blazers last season, won’t win the Jazz Magic any games and therefore won’t hurt their lottery odds. So, great signing right off the bat.Developing Trey Burke Victor Oladipo is still Utah’s Orlando top priority at point guard, but the growth of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter Nicola Vucevic and Tobias Harris is also important. Lucas Price, a capable NBA point guard, will allow Favors and Kanter Vucevic and Harris minutes in a viable offense while Burke is Oladipo and Jameer Nelson are on the bench. Without a player like Lucas Price, the Jazz’s Magic’s offense could have turned haphazard while Burke Oladipo and Nelson rest s, those minutes turning worthless in terms of Favors’ and Kanter’s Vucevic’s and Harris’ development.Tanking is about losing a lot of games, but the teams that tank best also develop their young players in the process. Lucas Price should help Utah Orlando do the latter without preventing the former.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19