Jul 16, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Ronnie Price has reached an agreement with the Orlando Magic, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Alex Kennedy of Hoops World:
Lucas, a 5-foot-11 point guard who averaged 5.3 points and 1.7 assists per game for the Raptors last season, Price, a 6-foot-2 combo guard who averaged 2.9 points and 1.9 assists per game for the Trail Blazers last season, won’t win the Jazz Magic any games and therefore won’t hurt their lottery odds. So, great signing right off the bat.Developing Trey Burke Victor Oladipo is still Utah’s Orlando top priority at point guard, but the growth of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter Nicola Vucevic and Tobias Harris is also important. Lucas Price, a capable NBA point guard, will allow Favors and Kanter Vucevic and Harris minutes in a viable offense while Burke is Oladipo and Jameer Nelson are on the bench. Without a player like Lucas Price, the Jazz’s Magic’s offense could have turned haphazard while Burke Oladipo and Nelson rest s, those minutes turning worthless in terms of Favors’ and Kanter’s Vucevic’s and Harris’ development.Tanking is about losing a lot of games, but the teams that tank best also develop their young players in the process. Lucas Price should help Utah Orlando do the latter without preventing the former.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6