Jul 16, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Ronnie Price has reached an agreement with the Orlando Magic, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Alex Kennedy of Hoops World:
Lucas, a 5-foot-11 point guard who averaged 5.3 points and 1.7 assists per game for the Raptors last season, Price, a 6-foot-2 combo guard who averaged 2.9 points and 1.9 assists per game for the Trail Blazers last season, won’t win the Jazz Magic any games and therefore won’t hurt their lottery odds. So, great signing right off the bat.Developing Trey Burke Victor Oladipo is still Utah’s Orlando top priority at point guard, but the growth of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter Nicola Vucevic and Tobias Harris is also important. Lucas Price, a capable NBA point guard, will allow Favors and Kanter Vucevic and Harris minutes in a viable offense while Burke is Oladipo and Jameer Nelson are on the bench. Without a player like Lucas Price, the Jazz’s Magic’s offense could have turned haphazard while Burke Oladipo and Nelson rest s, those minutes turning worthless in terms of Favors’ and Kanter’s Vucevic’s and Harris’ development.Tanking is about losing a lot of games, but the teams that tank best also develop their young players in the process. Lucas Price should help Utah Orlando do the latter without preventing the former.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 0
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 1
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17