Jul 16, 2013, 11:36 PM EST
Ronnie Price has reached an agreement with the Orlando Magic, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Alex Kennedy of Hoops World:
Lucas, a 5-foot-11 point guard who averaged 5.3 points and 1.7 assists per game for the Raptors last season, Price, a 6-foot-2 combo guard who averaged 2.9 points and 1.9 assists per game for the Trail Blazers last season, won’t win the Jazz Magic any games and therefore won’t hurt their lottery odds. So, great signing right off the bat.Developing Trey Burke Victor Oladipo is still Utah’s Orlando top priority at point guard, but the growth of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter Nicola Vucevic and Tobias Harris is also important. Lucas Price, a capable NBA point guard, will allow Favors and Kanter Vucevic and Harris minutes in a viable offense while Burke is Oladipo and Jameer Nelson are on the bench. Without a player like Lucas Price, the Jazz’s Magic’s offense could have turned haphazard while Burke Oladipo and Nelson rest s, those minutes turning worthless in terms of Favors’ and Kanter’s Vucevic’s and Harris’ development.Tanking is about losing a lot of games, but the teams that tank best also develop their young players in the process. Lucas Price should help Utah Orlando do the latter without preventing the former.
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 0
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 2
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25