Jul 16, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
Jeff Teague had dinner with Hawks GM Danny Ferry in Las Vegas Monday night. No word on if Ferry made Teague pick up the check.
Just a week before Teague had asked Ferry not to match the Bucks four-year, $32 million offer for him, he said he wanted to be with his former coach Larry Drew. Didn’t matter, that was a fair price for Teague and Ferry matched it.
The two are all good now and there are no hard feelings, Teague told the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Teague said he is happy to remain a Hawk. He showed up at the team’s Las Vegas Summer League game Monday night and there were hugs all around – from Ferry, teammates John Jenkins and Mike Scott, coaches and support personnel.
“It’s a process,” Teague said. “I understood that going into it. I was a restricted free agent and I knew that all along. I was happy either way. I’m glad to be back in Atlanta. It’s been home for four years. It’s time to get back to work.
“There is no bad blood. We are all professionals.”
See Eric Gordon, that’s how you do it.
Teague is going to be out top on what is a pretty interesting Hawks team — they have a front line with Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Elton Brand, a versatile grouping of guys all 6’9” and 6’10”. Kyle Korver will be the two guard.
In the East, that’s a 6/7/8 playoff seed roster. Just how good they are may come down to the improvements in Teague’s game and how he can blend all those parts from the point.
But know this is not going to be some messy situation in Atlanta with Teague coming back. It’s all good.
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10
- Grizzlies overpower Blazers for commanding series-opening win 7