Jul 16, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
Jeff Teague had dinner with Hawks GM Danny Ferry in Las Vegas Monday night. No word on if Ferry made Teague pick up the check.
Just a week before Teague had asked Ferry not to match the Bucks four-year, $32 million offer for him, he said he wanted to be with his former coach Larry Drew. Didn’t matter, that was a fair price for Teague and Ferry matched it.
The two are all good now and there are no hard feelings, Teague told the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Teague said he is happy to remain a Hawk. He showed up at the team’s Las Vegas Summer League game Monday night and there were hugs all around – from Ferry, teammates John Jenkins and Mike Scott, coaches and support personnel.
“It’s a process,” Teague said. “I understood that going into it. I was a restricted free agent and I knew that all along. I was happy either way. I’m glad to be back in Atlanta. It’s been home for four years. It’s time to get back to work.
“There is no bad blood. We are all professionals.”
See Eric Gordon, that’s how you do it.
Teague is going to be out top on what is a pretty interesting Hawks team — they have a front line with Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Elton Brand, a versatile grouping of guys all 6’9” and 6’10”. Kyle Korver will be the two guard.
In the East, that’s a 6/7/8 playoff seed roster. Just how good they are may come down to the improvements in Teague’s game and how he can blend all those parts from the point.
But know this is not going to be some messy situation in Atlanta with Teague coming back. It’s all good.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29