Jul 15, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is the guy left standing, at least for now, as the Boston Celtics tear apart their roster to rebuild. Paul Pierce is gone. Kevin Garnett is gone. The “big three” era is gone. More changes are coming.
Rondo’s name has and will continue to come up in trade rumors this summer and into next season for pretty much every place on the planet. But at his camp in Kentucky Rondo was taking questions from the crowd and said something that will certainly play well in Boston. Via CSNNE.com.
“I will never play for the Miami Heat”
I could do a whole paragraph about how this is a business and someday he could end up anywhere. I mean who could have pictured Pierce in a Nets uniform a couple of years ago. But I’m not going to do that… oh, guess I did. Sorry. Never mind. Just go about enjoying the quote and your hatred of Miami, Boston.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17