Jul 15, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is the guy left standing, at least for now, as the Boston Celtics tear apart their roster to rebuild. Paul Pierce is gone. Kevin Garnett is gone. The “big three” era is gone. More changes are coming.
Rondo’s name has and will continue to come up in trade rumors this summer and into next season for pretty much every place on the planet. But at his camp in Kentucky Rondo was taking questions from the crowd and said something that will certainly play well in Boston. Via CSNNE.com.
“I will never play for the Miami Heat”
I could do a whole paragraph about how this is a business and someday he could end up anywhere. I mean who could have pictured Pierce in a Nets uniform a couple of years ago. But I’m not going to do that… oh, guess I did. Sorry. Never mind. Just go about enjoying the quote and your hatred of Miami, Boston.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18