Jul 15, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is the guy left standing, at least for now, as the Boston Celtics tear apart their roster to rebuild. Paul Pierce is gone. Kevin Garnett is gone. The “big three” era is gone. More changes are coming.
Rondo’s name has and will continue to come up in trade rumors this summer and into next season for pretty much every place on the planet. But at his camp in Kentucky Rondo was taking questions from the crowd and said something that will certainly play well in Boston. Via CSNNE.com.
“I will never play for the Miami Heat”
I could do a whole paragraph about how this is a business and someday he could end up anywhere. I mean who could have pictured Pierce in a Nets uniform a couple of years ago. But I’m not going to do that… oh, guess I did. Sorry. Never mind. Just go about enjoying the quote and your hatred of Miami, Boston.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50