Jul 15, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Rajon Rondo is the guy left standing, at least for now, as the Boston Celtics tear apart their roster to rebuild. Paul Pierce is gone. Kevin Garnett is gone. The “big three” era is gone. More changes are coming.
Rondo’s name has and will continue to come up in trade rumors this summer and into next season for pretty much every place on the planet. But at his camp in Kentucky Rondo was taking questions from the crowd and said something that will certainly play well in Boston. Via CSNNE.com.
“I will never play for the Miami Heat”
I could do a whole paragraph about how this is a business and someday he could end up anywhere. I mean who could have pictured Pierce in a Nets uniform a couple of years ago. But I’m not going to do that… oh, guess I did. Sorry. Never mind. Just go about enjoying the quote and your hatred of Miami, Boston.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 4
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3