Jul 15, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is the guy left standing, at least for now, as the Boston Celtics tear apart their roster to rebuild. Paul Pierce is gone. Kevin Garnett is gone. The “big three” era is gone. More changes are coming.
Rondo’s name has and will continue to come up in trade rumors this summer and into next season for pretty much every place on the planet. But at his camp in Kentucky Rondo was taking questions from the crowd and said something that will certainly play well in Boston. Via CSNNE.com.
“I will never play for the Miami Heat”
I could do a whole paragraph about how this is a business and someday he could end up anywhere. I mean who could have pictured Pierce in a Nets uniform a couple of years ago. But I’m not going to do that… oh, guess I did. Sorry. Never mind. Just go about enjoying the quote and your hatred of Miami, Boston.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11