Jul 15, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Derrick Rose is going through Europe right now, trying to sell some Adidas shoes (well, basketball shoes, they do pretty well there with soccer/football cleats). The season of NBA players’ promotional tours is upon us.
As we all remember, the former league MVP sat out all of last season following ACL surgery. Back in the states a bunch of people frustrated Rose didn’t risk his health and career for their entertainment just because his knee didn’t feel comfortable and ready are still doing the silly “are you really sure he’ll be back next season?” thing. Very clever stuff, that.
Rose was in Madrid on his tour and got asked about his return and Hoopshype was there.
As we’ve said before, five games into next season these people will all love Rose again and have moved on.
As an aside, Hoopshype had one other note on Rose.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13