Jul 15, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Derrick Rose is going through Europe right now, trying to sell some Adidas shoes (well, basketball shoes, they do pretty well there with soccer/football cleats). The season of NBA players’ promotional tours is upon us.
As we all remember, the former league MVP sat out all of last season following ACL surgery. Back in the states a bunch of people frustrated Rose didn’t risk his health and career for their entertainment just because his knee didn’t feel comfortable and ready are still doing the silly “are you really sure he’ll be back next season?” thing. Very clever stuff, that.
Rose was in Madrid on his tour and got asked about his return and Hoopshype was there.
As we’ve said before, five games into next season these people will all love Rose again and have moved on.
As an aside, Hoopshype had one other note on Rose.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13