Jul 15, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is going through Europe right now, trying to sell some Adidas shoes (well, basketball shoes, they do pretty well there with soccer/football cleats). The season of NBA players’ promotional tours is upon us.
As we all remember, the former league MVP sat out all of last season following ACL surgery. Back in the states a bunch of people frustrated Rose didn’t risk his health and career for their entertainment just because his knee didn’t feel comfortable and ready are still doing the silly “are you really sure he’ll be back next season?” thing. Very clever stuff, that.
Rose was in Madrid on his tour and got asked about his return and Hoopshype was there.
As we’ve said before, five games into next season these people will all love Rose again and have moved on.
As an aside, Hoopshype had one other note on Rose.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 76
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20