Jul 15, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is going through Europe right now, trying to sell some Adidas shoes (well, basketball shoes, they do pretty well there with soccer/football cleats). The season of NBA players’ promotional tours is upon us.
As we all remember, the former league MVP sat out all of last season following ACL surgery. Back in the states a bunch of people frustrated Rose didn’t risk his health and career for their entertainment just because his knee didn’t feel comfortable and ready are still doing the silly “are you really sure he’ll be back next season?” thing. Very clever stuff, that.
Rose was in Madrid on his tour and got asked about his return and Hoopshype was there.
As we’ve said before, five games into next season these people will all love Rose again and have moved on.
As an aside, Hoopshype had one other note on Rose.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6