Jul 15, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is going through Europe right now, trying to sell some Adidas shoes (well, basketball shoes, they do pretty well there with soccer/football cleats). The season of NBA players’ promotional tours is upon us.
As we all remember, the former league MVP sat out all of last season following ACL surgery. Back in the states a bunch of people frustrated Rose didn’t risk his health and career for their entertainment just because his knee didn’t feel comfortable and ready are still doing the silly “are you really sure he’ll be back next season?” thing. Very clever stuff, that.
Rose was in Madrid on his tour and got asked about his return and Hoopshype was there.
As we’ve said before, five games into next season these people will all love Rose again and have moved on.
As an aside, Hoopshype had one other note on Rose.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50