Jul 15, 2013, 8:50 AM EDT
Summer League in Las Vegas is happening right now, and it’s where rookies, second-year players, and undrafted guys looking to catch on with a professional squad play a serious brand of basketball in front of NBA executives, coaches, and league personnel.
But in terms of pure entertainment value, it doesn’t come close to what happens at the Drew League in Los Angeles — the premier pro-am summer league where big-name NBA stars show up and put on a show.
Sunday’s action featured guys like James Harden and Nick Young getting buckets in the games, but the highlights here from DeMar DeRozan — one thunderous dunk on the break, and another after passing it to himself off the backboard — were among the day’s best.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52