Jul 15, 2013, 8:50 AM EDT
Summer League in Las Vegas is happening right now, and it’s where rookies, second-year players, and undrafted guys looking to catch on with a professional squad play a serious brand of basketball in front of NBA executives, coaches, and league personnel.
But in terms of pure entertainment value, it doesn’t come close to what happens at the Drew League in Los Angeles — the premier pro-am summer league where big-name NBA stars show up and put on a show.
Sunday’s action featured guys like James Harden and Nick Young getting buckets in the games, but the highlights here from DeMar DeRozan — one thunderous dunk on the break, and another after passing it to himself off the backboard — were among the day’s best.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23