Jul 15, 2013, 8:50 AM EDT
Summer League in Las Vegas is happening right now, and it’s where rookies, second-year players, and undrafted guys looking to catch on with a professional squad play a serious brand of basketball in front of NBA executives, coaches, and league personnel.
But in terms of pure entertainment value, it doesn’t come close to what happens at the Drew League in Los Angeles — the premier pro-am summer league where big-name NBA stars show up and put on a show.
Sunday’s action featured guys like James Harden and Nick Young getting buckets in the games, but the highlights here from DeMar DeRozan — one thunderous dunk on the break, and another after passing it to himself off the backboard — were among the day’s best.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 6
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 36
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 6