Jul 15, 2013, 8:50 AM EDT
Summer League in Las Vegas is happening right now, and it’s where rookies, second-year players, and undrafted guys looking to catch on with a professional squad play a serious brand of basketball in front of NBA executives, coaches, and league personnel.
But in terms of pure entertainment value, it doesn’t come close to what happens at the Drew League in Los Angeles — the premier pro-am summer league where big-name NBA stars show up and put on a show.
Sunday’s action featured guys like James Harden and Nick Young getting buckets in the games, but the highlights here from DeMar DeRozan — one thunderous dunk on the break, and another after passing it to himself off the backboard — were among the day’s best.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 2
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 8
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18