Jul 15, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Sam Hinkie is turning the 76ers into the Rockets of the East.
This is a no-risk move for the 76ers, who will assume the current contracts of Anderson and Ohlbrecht. Both have unguaranteed minimum contracts for the next two years, and either or both could be released before the upcoming season without penalty.
The Rockets had to waive Anderson and Ohlbrecht to make room for Dwight Howard, obviously a worthwhile move. But Hinkie should know better than any general manager outside Houston whether they’re worth a shot.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 29
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41