Jul 15, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Sam Hinkie is turning the 76ers into the Rockets of the East.
This is a no-risk move for the 76ers, who will assume the current contracts of Anderson and Ohlbrecht. Both have unguaranteed minimum contracts for the next two years, and either or both could be released before the upcoming season without penalty.
The Rockets had to waive Anderson and Ohlbrecht to make room for Dwight Howard, obviously a worthwhile move. But Hinkie should know better than any general manager outside Houston whether they’re worth a shot.
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 5
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 5