Jul 15, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Sam Hinkie is turning the 76ers into the Rockets of the East.
This is a no-risk move for the 76ers, who will assume the current contracts of Anderson and Ohlbrecht. Both have unguaranteed minimum contracts for the next two years, and either or both could be released before the upcoming season without penalty.
The Rockets had to waive Anderson and Ohlbrecht to make room for Dwight Howard, obviously a worthwhile move. But Hinkie should know better than any general manager outside Houston whether they’re worth a shot.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)