Jul 15, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Sam Hinkie is turning the 76ers into the Rockets of the East.
This is a no-risk move for the 76ers, who will assume the current contracts of Anderson and Ohlbrecht. Both have unguaranteed minimum contracts for the next two years, and either or both could be released before the upcoming season without penalty.
The Rockets had to waive Anderson and Ohlbrecht to make room for Dwight Howard, obviously a worthwhile move. But Hinkie should know better than any general manager outside Houston whether they’re worth a shot.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18