Jul 15, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Sam Hinkie is turning the 76ers into the Rockets of the East.
This is a no-risk move for the 76ers, who will assume the current contracts of Anderson and Ohlbrecht. Both have unguaranteed minimum contracts for the next two years, and either or both could be released before the upcoming season without penalty.
The Rockets had to waive Anderson and Ohlbrecht to make room for Dwight Howard, obviously a worthwhile move. But Hinkie should know better than any general manager outside Houston whether they’re worth a shot.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50