Jul 15, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Sam Hinkie is turning the 76ers into the Rockets of the East.
This is a no-risk move for the 76ers, who will assume the current contracts of Anderson and Ohlbrecht. Both have unguaranteed minimum contracts for the next two years, and either or both could be released before the upcoming season without penalty.
The Rockets had to waive Anderson and Ohlbrecht to make room for Dwight Howard, obviously a worthwhile move. But Hinkie should know better than any general manager outside Houston whether they’re worth a shot.
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 41
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 30
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 79
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 17
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 36
- Carmelo Anthony still not ready to decide, but he needs to soon as options dry up 48
- Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there 58