Jul 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
LAS VEGAS – Tim Hardaway Jr. got off to a strong start in the third day of Summer League, scoring nine points in 10 first quarter minuts and getting loose on a drive down the middle of the lane for a flying one-handed slam dunk.
Unfortunately, Hardaway suffered an injury to his left wrist that put an end to his afternoon earlier than expected. He got tangled up on a transition play, and hit the deck fairly hard just past mid-court.
“I tripped,” Hardaway said afterward, when asked how it happened. “That’s the only play that happened. It was on a fast break, and I fell backwards. I tripped and tried to brace my landing, and it didn’t go that well for me. But I’ll be fine. I’m good now, I’m just icing it, letting it rest, and I hope that I’m ready to go tomorrow.”
Hardaway had X-rays taken which came back negative, and the injury is considered to be no more serious than a bruise or a sprain.
“I feel fine,” Hardaway said. “I’m just happy to be in this situation right now. I was really anxious to play and really wanted to get back out there, but for precautionary reasons [they held me out].
“I felt more confident today,” he said. I was just upset a little bit because I had to come out and couldn’t play the rest of the game. But that’s just my competitive nature, and I’m glad my team got the win.”
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 6
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 9
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 11
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 26
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9