Jul 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Tim Hardaway Jr. got off to a strong start in the third day of Summer League, scoring nine points in 10 first quarter minuts and getting loose on a drive down the middle of the lane for a flying one-handed slam dunk.
Unfortunately, Hardaway suffered an injury to his left wrist that put an end to his afternoon earlier than expected. He got tangled up on a transition play, and hit the deck fairly hard just past mid-court.
“I tripped,” Hardaway said afterward, when asked how it happened. “That’s the only play that happened. It was on a fast break, and I fell backwards. I tripped and tried to brace my landing, and it didn’t go that well for me. But I’ll be fine. I’m good now, I’m just icing it, letting it rest, and I hope that I’m ready to go tomorrow.”
Hardaway had X-rays taken which came back negative, and the injury is considered to be no more serious than a bruise or a sprain.
“I feel fine,” Hardaway said. “I’m just happy to be in this situation right now. I was really anxious to play and really wanted to get back out there, but for precautionary reasons [they held me out].
“I felt more confident today,” he said. I was just upset a little bit because I had to come out and couldn’t play the rest of the game. But that’s just my competitive nature, and I’m glad my team got the win.”
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31