Jul 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Tim Hardaway Jr. got off to a strong start in the third day of Summer League, scoring nine points in 10 first quarter minuts and getting loose on a drive down the middle of the lane for a flying one-handed slam dunk.
Unfortunately, Hardaway suffered an injury to his left wrist that put an end to his afternoon earlier than expected. He got tangled up on a transition play, and hit the deck fairly hard just past mid-court.
“I tripped,” Hardaway said afterward, when asked how it happened. “That’s the only play that happened. It was on a fast break, and I fell backwards. I tripped and tried to brace my landing, and it didn’t go that well for me. But I’ll be fine. I’m good now, I’m just icing it, letting it rest, and I hope that I’m ready to go tomorrow.”
Hardaway had X-rays taken which came back negative, and the injury is considered to be no more serious than a bruise or a sprain.
“I feel fine,” Hardaway said. “I’m just happy to be in this situation right now. I was really anxious to play and really wanted to get back out there, but for precautionary reasons [they held me out].
“I felt more confident today,” he said. I was just upset a little bit because I had to come out and couldn’t play the rest of the game. But that’s just my competitive nature, and I’m glad my team got the win.”
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 4
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22