Jul 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
LAS VEGAS – Tim Hardaway Jr. got off to a strong start in the third day of Summer League, scoring nine points in 10 first quarter minuts and getting loose on a drive down the middle of the lane for a flying one-handed slam dunk.
Unfortunately, Hardaway suffered an injury to his left wrist that put an end to his afternoon earlier than expected. He got tangled up on a transition play, and hit the deck fairly hard just past mid-court.
“I tripped,” Hardaway said afterward, when asked how it happened. “That’s the only play that happened. It was on a fast break, and I fell backwards. I tripped and tried to brace my landing, and it didn’t go that well for me. But I’ll be fine. I’m good now, I’m just icing it, letting it rest, and I hope that I’m ready to go tomorrow.”
Hardaway had X-rays taken which came back negative, and the injury is considered to be no more serious than a bruise or a sprain.
“I feel fine,” Hardaway said. “I’m just happy to be in this situation right now. I was really anxious to play and really wanted to get back out there, but for precautionary reasons [they held me out].
“I felt more confident today,” he said. I was just upset a little bit because I had to come out and couldn’t play the rest of the game. But that’s just my competitive nature, and I’m glad my team got the win.”
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13