Jul 14, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
JaVale McGee was made for the Drew League — fast-paced pickup basketball with little defense required. The Drew League is the premier pro-am series in Los Angeles and draws a number of NBA players (Jamal Crawford was a highlight on Saturday) and McGee was there. Thriving in an environment where an athletic big who can run the floor will have his way.
Here, he gets out in transition and another player’s effort to stop him isn’t going to work.
We’ll see if Brian Shaw can get the same kind of thing out of McGee with the Nuggets next season — they are going to need him to run the floor and defend. No more Kosta Kufos in front of him, it is all on JaVale next season, for better or worse.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 2
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 40
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11