Jul 14, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
JaVale McGee was made for the Drew League — fast-paced pickup basketball with little defense required. The Drew League is the premier pro-am series in Los Angeles and draws a number of NBA players (Jamal Crawford was a highlight on Saturday) and McGee was there. Thriving in an environment where an athletic big who can run the floor will have his way.
Here, he gets out in transition and another player’s effort to stop him isn’t going to work.
We’ll see if Brian Shaw can get the same kind of thing out of McGee with the Nuggets next season — they are going to need him to run the floor and defend. No more Kosta Kufos in front of him, it is all on JaVale next season, for better or worse.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 36
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 37
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10