Jul 14, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
JaVale McGee was made for the Drew League — fast-paced pickup basketball with little defense required. The Drew League is the premier pro-am series in Los Angeles and draws a number of NBA players (Jamal Crawford was a highlight on Saturday) and McGee was there. Thriving in an environment where an athletic big who can run the floor will have his way.
Here, he gets out in transition and another player’s effort to stop him isn’t going to work.
We’ll see if Brian Shaw can get the same kind of thing out of McGee with the Nuggets next season — they are going to need him to run the floor and defend. No more Kosta Kufos in front of him, it is all on JaVale next season, for better or worse.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 13
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17