Jul 14, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
JaVale McGee was made for the Drew League — fast-paced pickup basketball with little defense required. The Drew League is the premier pro-am series in Los Angeles and draws a number of NBA players (Jamal Crawford was a highlight on Saturday) and McGee was there. Thriving in an environment where an athletic big who can run the floor will have his way.
Here, he gets out in transition and another player’s effort to stop him isn’t going to work.
We’ll see if Brian Shaw can get the same kind of thing out of McGee with the Nuggets next season — they are going to need him to run the floor and defend. No more Kosta Kufos in front of him, it is all on JaVale next season, for better or worse.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 23
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 48
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 69
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8