Baron Davis says aliens abducted him… and they were ugly

Jul 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT

Sports Spectacular 2013 - Inside Getty Images

Quick, get Mulder and Scully on this.

Former NBA player and current New York Knick employee Baron Davis was on the Champs Podcast (featuring Chappelle’s Show co-creator Neal Brennan, this is always a great listen) and he started talking about a recent drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles…

And he says he was abducted by aliens.

I was actually abducted by aliens like two weeks ago. I was on my way from Vegas here to L.A. I see this light and I think it’s a big ass truck you know like aww f— like it’s gonna be traffic and I was just driving, driving then next thing you know dude like I was in this f—— like steel thing and these f——- crazy looking people, like half-human, half-like f—— ugly mother——.They were poking me on my nose and s—.”

So, alien beings are curious about Baron Davis’ nose. Of course they are.

That is the weirdest drive to Vegas story since Hunter S. Thompson.

Davis said after the experience he just pulled over and went to the In-n-Out burger there. Because after an alien abduction who doesn’t want a double-double animal style?

I’ve driven that stretch of the 15 more times than I can count, including a couple days ago to get to Vegas for Summer League. There is always traffic there and a lot of it (that used to be one of the busiest In-n-Out’s they had). So that he was the only one that noticed anything was… interesting.

Oh, he does say later he has been taking some Percocet. Draw your own conclusions.

(Thanks to westcoastrydaz.com for alerting us about this.)

1. supremekingz - Jul 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Baron Davis already said it was a joke several times. He was just having fun. This is what Baron Davis does. If anyone thought this was serious, you’re an idiot

• nokoolaidcowboy - Jul 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Relax man. Why is someone an idiot for not coming across where he states this is a joke? Baron Davis is an odd dude, would it REALLY surprise you if he were serious?

I’m not saying I believe alien abductions but when I read this stuff I just figure everyone has there story. Whatever.

Just play ball man.

• fanofevilempire - Jul 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I’m so glad Davis is back on earth, I was so worried.
      This happened to my neighbors mother in law too.
      OMG!

2. supremekingz - Jul 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM

If it was Ron Artest or Stephan Marbury, then yeah I’d agree. But as crazy as B Diddy is, he’s not on THAT level.

True enough, the guys on the podcast asked him if it was a joke and BD wouldn’t answer, just going deeper in the story. But when he said he had a book coming out about the abduction, I was seriously rofl. He was joking. And then he clarified everything on Twitter by saying the whole thing was a joke.

It actually makes sense (a little) if you figure B Diddy told the hosts that the docs have him taking Percocet after his knee surgery, so he’s “flying high”

3. bbk1000 - Jul 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I feel the same way at my family reunions….

4. raulduke11 - Jul 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I’m not sayin it was aliens…but it was aliens

5. abchome - Jul 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM

The aliens offered him a contract to play space jam!

• axelmontoya99 - Jul 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Why to Baron Davis? He sucks.

6. snipedanglecelly13 - Jul 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM

LMFAO!

7. lilrob10201 - Jul 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM

It was the aliens from Space Jam.

8. cantonbound13 - Jul 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Amazing what happens to these guys when they no longer have to be drug tested.

• phaden27 - Jul 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Can you jump down from the soapbox? I can’t hear you so well from down here.

9. nflcrimerankingscom - Jul 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM

He should stop taking bath salts

• davidly - Jul 15, 2013 at 6:08 AM

He said he was abducted by aliens, not that he was the alien doing the abducting.

10. boston444 - Jul 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Percocet is a pain reliever, it doesn’t make you trip balls you idiot

• casualcommenter - Jul 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Percocet is a drug with two components.

The first component is acetaminophen, which is the scientific name for the active ingredient of Tylenol. Acetaminophen has side effects, particularly on the liver, but that wouldn’t explain what happened.

The other component, however, is oxycodone, which is a narcotic. Narcotics have a wide range of side effects, and one of them is hallucinations/confusion, which would be my explanation for this “episode” if Baron Davis hadn’t come out later on Twitter to say it was all a joke (which he did).

11. ragingmouse - Jul 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

That’s good some good weed!

12. 00maltliquor - Jul 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Aliens

“Big ass truck”

Las Vegas to LA

I think he’s talking about getting picked up by a bunch of Mexicans! Sweet, I like it! Vamanos guey!

13. n3535e - Jul 14, 2013 at 8:47 PM

he is on drugs lost his mind

14. jimsjam33 - Jul 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Attention Earth ,

We on the plant Humbo have decided to challenge Earth to an inter-galactic set of skills which you call basketball . Yes , we did spacenap your leader Baron Davis to set up negotiations for the competition . It has been decided that a Humbo vs. Earth war of hoops shall be a game to end all games and the winner takes all . All would include the confiscation of your best and most talented hoopsters to teach all the little ” Humbugs ” on Humbo about the pill and the act of throwing down . Blake Griffin highlight reels must be included as part of the bounty . LeBron James , if we win , will be taken to our plant to regenerate our species . Baron Davis shall act as your ambassador and professor emeritus of the Hoops Generation Foundation .
    Baron Davis we shall make further contacts in the near future with your chosen associates to pat down all the particulars .
    Attention : Metta World Peace , Matt Barnes , Nate Robinson , Nick Young , and Keith Closs
    Stand by for further details and arrangements .

15. tigersfandan - Jul 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Cool story bro.

16. dezglobal - Jul 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM

They should have kept him.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches