Jul 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Quick, get Mulder and Scully on this.
Former NBA player and current New York Knick employee Baron Davis was on the Champs Podcast (featuring Chappelle’s Show co-creator Neal Brennan, this is always a great listen) and he started talking about a recent drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles…
And he says he was abducted by aliens.
I was actually abducted by aliens like two weeks ago. I was on my way from Vegas here to L.A. I see this light and I think it’s a big ass truck you know like aww f— like it’s gonna be traffic and I was just driving, driving then next thing you know dude like I was in this f—— like steel thing and these f——- crazy looking people, like half-human, half-like f—— ugly mother——.They were poking me on my nose and s—.”
So, alien beings are curious about Baron Davis’ nose. Of course they are.
That is the weirdest drive to Vegas story since Hunter S. Thompson.
Davis said after the experience he just pulled over and went to the In-n-Out burger there. Because after an alien abduction who doesn’t want a double-double animal style?
I’ve driven that stretch of the 15 more times than I can count, including a couple days ago to get to Vegas for Summer League. There is always traffic there and a lot of it (that used to be one of the busiest In-n-Out’s they had). So that he was the only one that noticed anything was… interesting.
Oh, he does say later he has been taking some Percocet. Draw your own conclusions.
(Thanks to westcoastrydaz.com for alerting us about this.)
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 18
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29