Jul 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Congratulations, Jrue Holiday.
Fresh off marrying U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team member Lauren Cheney (now Lauren Holiday) – and the subsequent honeymoon that delayed his trade from becoming official – Jrue Holiday is now a husband and Pelican. The trade, which sends Nerlens Noel and a future first-round pick to the 76ers, hinged on Holiday completing a physical, which couldn’t do until after his honeymoon.
But Holiday returned and passed his physical, and now the trade is official.
Holiday gives New Orleans its first player with All-Star experience since Chris Paul and David West. Holiday won’t be Paul good, but he’ll give the franchise a fresh and marketable face to go with its new nickname.
The 76ers will also get their fresh start with Noel and this other first-round pick, but that’s going to take quite a while longer.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42