Jul 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Congratulations, Jrue Holiday.
Fresh off marrying U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team member Lauren Cheney (now Lauren Holiday) – and the subsequent honeymoon that delayed his trade from becoming official – Jrue Holiday is now a husband and Pelican. The trade, which sends Nerlens Noel and a future first-round pick to the 76ers, hinged on Holiday completing a physical, which couldn’t do until after his honeymoon.
But Holiday returned and passed his physical, and now the trade is official.
Holiday gives New Orleans its first player with All-Star experience since Chris Paul and David West. Holiday won’t be Paul good, but he’ll give the franchise a fresh and marketable face to go with its new nickname.
The 76ers will also get their fresh start with Noel and this other first-round pick, but that’s going to take quite a while longer.
- What kind of coach is Chicago getting with Fred Hoiberg? 4
- PBT Extra: Finals preview, how good are new and improved Cavaliers? 7
- Shaq would take Kobe Bryant over LeBron James because of “killer instinct” 78
- PBT Podcast: NBA Finals breakdown, predictions 4
- Cavaliers rate well when adjusting for playoff rotations. Warriors rate better 1
- LeBron James vs. Stephen Curry: More than meets the eye 18
- Kevin Love on if he plans to play next season for the Cavaliers: “Yes, sir” 27
- Pelicans will play faster, lean on Anthony Davis more under Alvin Gentry 18