Jul 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Congratulations, Jrue Holiday.
Fresh off marrying U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team member Lauren Cheney (now Lauren Holiday) – and the subsequent honeymoon that delayed his trade from becoming official – Jrue Holiday is now a husband and Pelican. The trade, which sends Nerlens Noel and a future first-round pick to the 76ers, hinged on Holiday completing a physical, which couldn’t do until after his honeymoon.
But Holiday returned and passed his physical, and now the trade is official.
Holiday gives New Orleans its first player with All-Star experience since Chris Paul and David West. Holiday won’t be Paul good, but he’ll give the franchise a fresh and marketable face to go with its new nickname.
The 76ers will also get their fresh start with Noel and this other first-round pick, but that’s going to take quite a while longer.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 35
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13