Jul 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Congratulations, Jrue Holiday.
Fresh off marrying U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team member Lauren Cheney (now Lauren Holiday) – and the subsequent honeymoon that delayed his trade from becoming official – Jrue Holiday is now a husband and Pelican. The trade, which sends Nerlens Noel and a future first-round pick to the 76ers, hinged on Holiday completing a physical, which couldn’t do until after his honeymoon.
But Holiday returned and passed his physical, and now the trade is official.
Holiday gives New Orleans its first player with All-Star experience since Chris Paul and David West. Holiday won’t be Paul good, but he’ll give the franchise a fresh and marketable face to go with its new nickname.
The 76ers will also get their fresh start with Noel and this other first-round pick, but that’s going to take quite a while longer.
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 13
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 27
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
- Shane Larkin, a second thought as Knicks chase star free agents, trying to find his own way 1