Jul 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Congratulations, Jrue Holiday.
Fresh off marrying U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team member Lauren Cheney (now Lauren Holiday) – and the subsequent honeymoon that delayed his trade from becoming official – Jrue Holiday is now a husband and Pelican. The trade, which sends Nerlens Noel and a future first-round pick to the 76ers, hinged on Holiday completing a physical, which couldn’t do until after his honeymoon.
But Holiday returned and passed his physical, and now the trade is official.
Holiday gives New Orleans its first player with All-Star experience since Chris Paul and David West. Holiday won’t be Paul good, but he’ll give the franchise a fresh and marketable face to go with its new nickname.
The 76ers will also get their fresh start with Noel and this other first-round pick, but that’s going to take quite a while longer.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)