Jul 12, 2013, 12:01 AM EST
The consistent ability to knock down a jumper against a defender was one of the areas cited that Victor Oladipo would need to improve upon as he enters his first NBA season with the Magic.
It looked pretty good with the game on the line Thursday at Summer League, when Oladipo stepped back and buried the shot with 4.4 seconds remaining to give his team the win over the Summer Sixers.
As you can imagine, the rookie-to-be was pretty excited.
“You dream about those moments all the time, whether it’s in a little summer league or in the park or you’re in the front of your house shooting on a side basket and you go, ‘Three, two, one . . .!’ and you shoot it,” Oladipo said.
“It’s just stuff you live for — moments like that. It’s fun. I just want to continue to keep winning. I still had a lot of mistakes today, but to play through them and come out and make a big shot, it definitely builds my confidence.”
Oladipo finished with 24 points and six assists in his team’s 90-89 victory.
[via Orlando Pinstriped Post]
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 36
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 37
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10