Jul 12, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
The consistent ability to knock down a jumper against a defender was one of the areas cited that Victor Oladipo would need to improve upon as he enters his first NBA season with the Magic.
It looked pretty good with the game on the line Thursday at Summer League, when Oladipo stepped back and buried the shot with 4.4 seconds remaining to give his team the win over the Summer Sixers.
As you can imagine, the rookie-to-be was pretty excited.
“You dream about those moments all the time, whether it’s in a little summer league or in the park or you’re in the front of your house shooting on a side basket and you go, ‘Three, two, one . . .!’ and you shoot it,” Oladipo said.
“It’s just stuff you live for — moments like that. It’s fun. I just want to continue to keep winning. I still had a lot of mistakes today, but to play through them and come out and make a big shot, it definitely builds my confidence.”
Oladipo finished with 24 points and six assists in his team’s 90-89 victory.
[via Orlando Pinstriped Post]
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32