Jul 12, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
The consistent ability to knock down a jumper against a defender was one of the areas cited that Victor Oladipo would need to improve upon as he enters his first NBA season with the Magic.
It looked pretty good with the game on the line Thursday at Summer League, when Oladipo stepped back and buried the shot with 4.4 seconds remaining to give his team the win over the Summer Sixers.
As you can imagine, the rookie-to-be was pretty excited.
“You dream about those moments all the time, whether it’s in a little summer league or in the park or you’re in the front of your house shooting on a side basket and you go, ‘Three, two, one . . .!’ and you shoot it,” Oladipo said.
“It’s just stuff you live for — moments like that. It’s fun. I just want to continue to keep winning. I still had a lot of mistakes today, but to play through them and come out and make a big shot, it definitely builds my confidence.”
Oladipo finished with 24 points and six assists in his team’s 90-89 victory.
[via Orlando Pinstriped Post]
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48