Jul 12, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
The consistent ability to knock down a jumper against a defender was one of the areas cited that Victor Oladipo would need to improve upon as he enters his first NBA season with the Magic.
It looked pretty good with the game on the line Thursday at Summer League, when Oladipo stepped back and buried the shot with 4.4 seconds remaining to give his team the win over the Summer Sixers.
As you can imagine, the rookie-to-be was pretty excited.
“You dream about those moments all the time, whether it’s in a little summer league or in the park or you’re in the front of your house shooting on a side basket and you go, ‘Three, two, one . . .!’ and you shoot it,” Oladipo said.
“It’s just stuff you live for — moments like that. It’s fun. I just want to continue to keep winning. I still had a lot of mistakes today, but to play through them and come out and make a big shot, it definitely builds my confidence.”
Oladipo finished with 24 points and six assists in his team’s 90-89 victory.
[via Orlando Pinstriped Post]
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16