Jul 12, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Update: Ellis and the Mavericks have reached an agreement, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
Maybe it was the agent, after all.
Two days after firing his agent, Ellis might finally be on the verge of getting the big-money contract he’s desired.
The terms of the deal obviously matter a great deal. Perhaps, a large portion of it is unguaranteed and/or comes only with meeting high incentives.
But, either way, these are numbers few thought Ellis would get. Ellis’ new agent – reportedly Dan Fegan – is going to have clients lining up for his services.
At one point, the Lakers and Knicks – teams with only the taxpayer mid-level exception – thought they had a chance to land Ellis. The Hawks also pondered a lower-dollar offer, as Ellis looked stuck while teams with space spent it on more desirable players.
Alas, here’s Mark Cuban to save the day for the scoring guard.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35