Jul 12, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Update: Ellis and the Mavericks have reached an agreement, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
Maybe it was the agent, after all.
Two days after firing his agent, Ellis might finally be on the verge of getting the big-money contract he’s desired.
The terms of the deal obviously matter a great deal. Perhaps, a large portion of it is unguaranteed and/or comes only with meeting high incentives.
But, either way, these are numbers few thought Ellis would get. Ellis’ new agent – reportedly Dan Fegan – is going to have clients lining up for his services.
At one point, the Lakers and Knicks – teams with only the taxpayer mid-level exception – thought they had a chance to land Ellis. The Hawks also pondered a lower-dollar offer, as Ellis looked stuck while teams with space spent it on more desirable players.
Alas, here’s Mark Cuban to save the day for the scoring guard.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8