Jul 12, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Update: Ellis and the Mavericks have reached an agreement, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
Maybe it was the agent, after all.
Two days after firing his agent, Ellis might finally be on the verge of getting the big-money contract he’s desired.
The terms of the deal obviously matter a great deal. Perhaps, a large portion of it is unguaranteed and/or comes only with meeting high incentives.
But, either way, these are numbers few thought Ellis would get. Ellis’ new agent – reportedly Dan Fegan – is going to have clients lining up for his services.
At one point, the Lakers and Knicks – teams with only the taxpayer mid-level exception – thought they had a chance to land Ellis. The Hawks also pondered a lower-dollar offer, as Ellis looked stuck while teams with space spent it on more desirable players.
Alas, here’s Mark Cuban to save the day for the scoring guard.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8