Jul 12, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Update: Ellis and the Mavericks have reached an agreement, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
Maybe it was the agent, after all.
Two days after firing his agent, Ellis might finally be on the verge of getting the big-money contract he’s desired.
The terms of the deal obviously matter a great deal. Perhaps, a large portion of it is unguaranteed and/or comes only with meeting high incentives.
But, either way, these are numbers few thought Ellis would get. Ellis’ new agent – reportedly Dan Fegan – is going to have clients lining up for his services.
At one point, the Lakers and Knicks – teams with only the taxpayer mid-level exception – thought they had a chance to land Ellis. The Hawks also pondered a lower-dollar offer, as Ellis looked stuck while teams with space spent it on more desirable players.
Alas, here’s Mark Cuban to save the day for the scoring guard.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 2
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 7
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33