Jul 12, 2013, 3:48 PM EST
Update: Ellis and the Mavericks have reached an agreement, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
Maybe it was the agent, after all.
Two days after firing his agent, Ellis might finally be on the verge of getting the big-money contract he’s desired.
The terms of the deal obviously matter a great deal. Perhaps, a large portion of it is unguaranteed and/or comes only with meeting high incentives.
But, either way, these are numbers few thought Ellis would get. Ellis’ new agent – reportedly Dan Fegan – is going to have clients lining up for his services.
At one point, the Lakers and Knicks – teams with only the taxpayer mid-level exception – thought they had a chance to land Ellis. The Hawks also pondered a lower-dollar offer, as Ellis looked stuck while teams with space spent it on more desirable players.
Alas, here’s Mark Cuban to save the day for the scoring guard.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 21
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 37
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 56
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28