Jul 12, 2013, 7:50 PM EST
LAS VEGAS — Just as we were discussing top draft picks who will miss Summer League due to injury, we get word of another one to add to that list.
From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
Shane Larkin, the Dallas Mavericks’ 1st-round pick, broke his ankle in summer league practice, sources told Y! Could be out 2-3 months.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 12, 2013
Any injury is obviously tough, but this might’ve been Larkin’s only chance to get some court time in considering all of the additions the Mavericks made at the guard spot this offseason.
Larkin was selected by Dallas with the 18th overall pick in this year’s draft. The team’s other two rookies, Gal Mekel and Ricky Ledo, will be a part of the Summer League roster.
The Mavericks will open Summer League play in Las Vegas on Saturday against the Sacramento Kings.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 17
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 18
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30