Jul 12, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Just as we were discussing top draft picks who will miss Summer League due to injury, we get word of another one to add to that list.
From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
Shane Larkin, the Dallas Mavericks’ 1st-round pick, broke his ankle in summer league practice, sources told Y! Could be out 2-3 months.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 12, 2013
Any injury is obviously tough, but this might’ve been Larkin’s only chance to get some court time in considering all of the additions the Mavericks made at the guard spot this offseason.
Larkin was selected by Dallas with the 18th overall pick in this year’s draft. The team’s other two rookies, Gal Mekel and Ricky Ledo, will be a part of the Summer League roster.
The Mavericks will open Summer League play in Las Vegas on Saturday against the Sacramento Kings.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36