Jul 12, 2013, 7:50 PM EST
LAS VEGAS — Just as we were discussing top draft picks who will miss Summer League due to injury, we get word of another one to add to that list.
From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
Shane Larkin, the Dallas Mavericks’ 1st-round pick, broke his ankle in summer league practice, sources told Y! Could be out 2-3 months.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 12, 2013
Any injury is obviously tough, but this might’ve been Larkin’s only chance to get some court time in considering all of the additions the Mavericks made at the guard spot this offseason.
Larkin was selected by Dallas with the 18th overall pick in this year’s draft. The team’s other two rookies, Gal Mekel and Ricky Ledo, will be a part of the Summer League roster.
The Mavericks will open Summer League play in Las Vegas on Saturday against the Sacramento Kings.
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23