Jul 12, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Just as we were discussing top draft picks who will miss Summer League due to injury, we get word of another one to add to that list.
From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
Shane Larkin, the Dallas Mavericks’ 1st-round pick, broke his ankle in summer league practice, sources told Y! Could be out 2-3 months.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 12, 2013
Any injury is obviously tough, but this might’ve been Larkin’s only chance to get some court time in considering all of the additions the Mavericks made at the guard spot this offseason.
Larkin was selected by Dallas with the 18th overall pick in this year’s draft. The team’s other two rookies, Gal Mekel and Ricky Ledo, will be a part of the Summer League roster.
The Mavericks will open Summer League play in Las Vegas on Saturday against the Sacramento Kings.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 2
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 25
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10