Jul 12, 2013, 7:50 PM EST
LAS VEGAS — Just as we were discussing top draft picks who will miss Summer League due to injury, we get word of another one to add to that list.
From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
Shane Larkin, the Dallas Mavericks’ 1st-round pick, broke his ankle in summer league practice, sources told Y! Could be out 2-3 months.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 12, 2013
Any injury is obviously tough, but this might’ve been Larkin’s only chance to get some court time in considering all of the additions the Mavericks made at the guard spot this offseason.
Larkin was selected by Dallas with the 18th overall pick in this year’s draft. The team’s other two rookies, Gal Mekel and Ricky Ledo, will be a part of the Summer League roster.
The Mavericks will open Summer League play in Las Vegas on Saturday against the Sacramento Kings.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 0
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 24
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)