Jul 12, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
It’s Summer League, things are casual.
Although, not usually “coach will take a phone call during the game” casual.
But that’s what newly minted Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd did on Thursday. He’s coaching Summer League and walked out to take a call while his team was down 17-2. To be fair, we don’t know who the call was from — an important call from a family member, a call with a Russia country code which Kidd has learned he must take. Either way, it pretty much fits with how the Nets did in Orlando (winless).
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 2
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 13
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 22
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18