Jul 12, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
It’s Summer League, things are casual.
Although, not usually “coach will take a phone call during the game” casual.
But that’s what newly minted Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd did on Thursday. He’s coaching Summer League and walked out to take a call while his team was down 17-2. To be fair, we don’t know who the call was from — an important call from a family member, a call with a Russia country code which Kidd has learned he must take. Either way, it pretty much fits with how the Nets did in Orlando (winless).
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11