Jul 12, 2013, 2:32 AM EDT
Andray Blatche and Kevin Garnett have gone back and forth at each other for a few years now — going back to a trash talk filled game in 2010. Since then they have traded elbows on the court and barbs off it through the media.
Now, they are teammates in Brooklyn.
The Nets re-signed Blatche to be a backup big after it brought in Kevin Garnett via a trade with the Celtics. So how is this relationship going to go in the Brooklyn locker room?
“I can say Kevin, he surprised me. We were playing one game against each other, I believe it was last year, in Brooklyn. I was playing against him and he said, ‘Hey man, just keep your head up and keep fighting,’” Blatche said on Thursday, the same day he re-signed with the Nets on a two-year deal worth $2.8 million. “When he said that, it caught me off-guard, because me and him have our history, and I said, ‘All right, I guess we’re cool now.”
“I took that in, and ever since then I know everything is over with.”
It’s part of today’s NBA where players move around more than they did a few decades ago — hatchets get buried quickly. And not in the other guy’s back.
That’s a pretty darn good front line in Brooklyn.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23