Jul 12, 2013, 2:32 AM EDT
Andray Blatche and Kevin Garnett have gone back and forth at each other for a few years now — going back to a trash talk filled game in 2010. Since then they have traded elbows on the court and barbs off it through the media.
Now, they are teammates in Brooklyn.
The Nets re-signed Blatche to be a backup big after it brought in Kevin Garnett via a trade with the Celtics. So how is this relationship going to go in the Brooklyn locker room?
“I can say Kevin, he surprised me. We were playing one game against each other, I believe it was last year, in Brooklyn. I was playing against him and he said, ‘Hey man, just keep your head up and keep fighting,’” Blatche said on Thursday, the same day he re-signed with the Nets on a two-year deal worth $2.8 million. “When he said that, it caught me off-guard, because me and him have our history, and I said, ‘All right, I guess we’re cool now.”
“I took that in, and ever since then I know everything is over with.”
It’s part of today’s NBA where players move around more than they did a few decades ago — hatchets get buried quickly. And not in the other guy’s back.
That’s a pretty darn good front line in Brooklyn.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22