Jul 12, 2013, 2:32 AM EDT
Andray Blatche and Kevin Garnett have gone back and forth at each other for a few years now — going back to a trash talk filled game in 2010. Since then they have traded elbows on the court and barbs off it through the media.
Now, they are teammates in Brooklyn.
The Nets re-signed Blatche to be a backup big after it brought in Kevin Garnett via a trade with the Celtics. So how is this relationship going to go in the Brooklyn locker room?
“I can say Kevin, he surprised me. We were playing one game against each other, I believe it was last year, in Brooklyn. I was playing against him and he said, ‘Hey man, just keep your head up and keep fighting,’” Blatche said on Thursday, the same day he re-signed with the Nets on a two-year deal worth $2.8 million. “When he said that, it caught me off-guard, because me and him have our history, and I said, ‘All right, I guess we’re cool now.”
“I took that in, and ever since then I know everything is over with.”
It’s part of today’s NBA where players move around more than they did a few decades ago — hatchets get buried quickly. And not in the other guy’s back.
That’s a pretty darn good front line in Brooklyn.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 10
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14