Jul 12, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
Andray Blatche just completed the best per-minute season of his career. He was so good when the Nets put him on the court, he was arguably better in sum than any of the four seasons in which he played more minutes for the Wizards.
Blatche shot fewer long 2s, hit the glass harder and protected the ball better than his career norms. In other words, he matured as a player.
Some tried to connect that to him maturing off the court, but as we’ve seen way too many times, those two are not one in the same.
Blatche posted to Instagram a photo of six envelopes from the E-ZPass Violation Processing Center with the caption, “Lol I get these n my mail every day lol.” Presumably, they’re fines for running New York-area tolls without an E-ZPass.
Just another lesson that extrapolating a player’s on-court tendencies to his off-court persona doesn’t necessarily work.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 4
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 4
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 61
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30