Jul 12, 2013, 4:38 PM EST
Andray Blatche just completed the best per-minute season of his career. He was so good when the Nets put him on the court, he was arguably better in sum than any of the four seasons in which he played more minutes for the Wizards.
Blatche shot fewer long 2s, hit the glass harder and protected the ball better than his career norms. In other words, he matured as a player.
Some tried to connect that to him maturing off the court, but as we’ve seen way too many times, those two are not one in the same.
Blatche posted to Instagram a photo of six envelopes from the E-ZPass Violation Processing Center with the caption, “Lol I get these n my mail every day lol.” Presumably, they’re fines for running New York-area tolls without an E-ZPass.
Just another lesson that extrapolating a player’s on-court tendencies to his off-court persona doesn’t necessarily work.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30