Jul 11, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like they love going to Vegas for Summer League…
• Since the calendar flipped from Tuesday to Wednesday, a lot of the NBA deals that had been agreed to during the signing moratorium have become official with ink put to paper. We’ve been keeping tabs on them at PBT (as did Hoopshype), so here is a list of what we know so far (this list is likely missing a couple deals):
• The Clippers also completed this three-team trade: Milwaukee signs then trades J.J. Redick to the Clippers; the Bucks get two second round picks (one from the Suns, one from the Clippers); then the Clippers trade Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler to Phoenix for Jared Dudley.
• The Miami Heat re-signed Chris Andersen.
• Detroit signed free agent forward Josh Smith.
• San Antonio re-signed Manu Ginobili.
• In a three-team trade, Golden State acquired Andre Iguodala from Denver and Kevin Murphy from Utah; the Jazz got Brandon Rush, Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedrins and what they really wanted two first-round picks (2014 and 2017).
• Dallas signed Wayne Ellington and Israeli guard Gal Mekel.
• The Bulls signed Mike Dunleavy.
• Brooklyn re-signed Andray Blatche.
• Chicago re-signed Nazr Mohammed.
• This three team Tyreke Evans trade went official: New Orleans sent Terrel Harris and Robin Lopez to Portland, plus they sent Greivis Vasquez to Sacramento, for the draft rights to just drafted center Jeff Withey (Portland) and Evans (Sacramento).
• The Lakers re-signed Robert Sacre.
• The Trail Blazers inked Dorell Wright and just drafted Allen Crabbe.
• The Charlotte Bobcats signed free agent forward Al Jefferson. They also inked just signed draft pick Cody Zeller.
In some other news not with its own post on PBT:
• Nerlens Noel is going to wear No. 5 in Philly. Why? That’s how many teams passed over him in the draft.
• If you are wondering why the Noel trade is not official, Jrue Holiday (going to New Orleans) is on his honeymoon so he has not taken the team physical to make the trade official. We can cut him some slack on that one.
• In case you missed it, Ice Cube went on stage the night of Dwight Howard‘s announcement and summed up the feelings of most Lakers fans pretty succinctly.
• They are pretty pumped about Andre Iguodala in Golden State.
• Tyreke Evans is good with being the sixth man in New Orleans.
• Former NBA player Duane Washington was sentenced to 60 days on a hit-and-run charge.
• Larry Brown warns Sixers fans this rebuild is going to take a little time.
• Al Jefferson is excited about being in Charlotte, and not just because of the big paychecks.
• When the 1970 expansion draft came, the Cavaliers scouted it with NBA trading cards.
• Golden State picked up the 2014-15 contract option for coach Mark Jackson.
• The NBA’s international outreach program Basketball without Borders this year will host camps for youth in Portugal, Argentina and South Africa, it was announced today by the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the International Basketball Federation (FIBA).
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6