Jul 11, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
The Utah Jazz did not acquire Rudy Gobert on draft day because of his offense. The Frenchman is 7’1″ with a 7’9″wingspan — he alters and blocks just about every shot in the paint when he is out there. He’s raw, he needs to add some muscle.
But he does have a 9’7″ standing reach so when he gets the offensive rebound near the bucket and wants to score, nobody is going to stop him. Certainly not some Pacer Summer League player.
Gobert has been playing on a sore foot that is going to require some kind of operation after the season. The first reports are vague, and vague and injuries are scary together. His agent came out and said it was just an ingrown toenail, which nobody really bought either. Bill Oram at the Salt Lake Tribune got some better information
So Gobert will be ready for training camp. He’s a project, but one that has shown promise so far in Summer League.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 3
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18