Jul 11, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz did not acquire Rudy Gobert on draft day because of his offense. The Frenchman is 7’1″ with a 7’9″wingspan — he alters and blocks just about every shot in the paint when he is out there. He’s raw, he needs to add some muscle.
But he does have a 9’7″ standing reach so when he gets the offensive rebound near the bucket and wants to score, nobody is going to stop him. Certainly not some Pacer Summer League player.
Gobert has been playing on a sore foot that is going to require some kind of operation after the season. The first reports are vague, and vague and injuries are scary together. His agent came out and said it was just an ingrown toenail, which nobody really bought either. Bill Oram at the Salt Lake Tribune got some better information
So Gobert will be ready for training camp. He’s a project, but one that has shown promise so far in Summer League.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7