Jul 11, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz did not acquire Rudy Gobert on draft day because of his offense. The Frenchman is 7’1″ with a 7’9″wingspan — he alters and blocks just about every shot in the paint when he is out there. He’s raw, he needs to add some muscle.
But he does have a 9’7″ standing reach so when he gets the offensive rebound near the bucket and wants to score, nobody is going to stop him. Certainly not some Pacer Summer League player.
Gobert has been playing on a sore foot that is going to require some kind of operation after the season. The first reports are vague, and vague and injuries are scary together. His agent came out and said it was just an ingrown toenail, which nobody really bought either. Bill Oram at the Salt Lake Tribune got some better information
So Gobert will be ready for training camp. He’s a project, but one that has shown promise so far in Summer League.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4