Jul 11, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz did not acquire Rudy Gobert on draft day because of his offense. The Frenchman is 7’1″ with a 7’9″wingspan — he alters and blocks just about every shot in the paint when he is out there. He’s raw, he needs to add some muscle.
But he does have a 9’7″ standing reach so when he gets the offensive rebound near the bucket and wants to score, nobody is going to stop him. Certainly not some Pacer Summer League player.
Gobert has been playing on a sore foot that is going to require some kind of operation after the season. The first reports are vague, and vague and injuries are scary together. His agent came out and said it was just an ingrown toenail, which nobody really bought either. Bill Oram at the Salt Lake Tribune got some better information
So Gobert will be ready for training camp. He’s a project, but one that has shown promise so far in Summer League.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6