Jul 11, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
It’s a two-year contract worth $3.2 million that will see Turiaf added as big man insurance to a roster that already includes Gorgui Dieng and Chris Johnson at center, along with Kevin Love, Derrick Williams and Dante Cunningham at power forward. Nikola Pekovic is a restricted free agent, but most expect him to re-sign, as well.
Turiaf has played eight years in the NBA, most recently for the L.A. Clippers. He averaged just 1.9 points and 2.3 rebounds in 10.8 minutes per game last season, and was mainly on the court as a defensive and rebounding presence while the starters got their rest.
The signing comes on the heels of Andrei Kirilenko agreeing to join the Brooklyn Nets for two years at $3.1 million per season, after opting out of the final year of his deal that would have paid him $10.2 million to play for Minnesota.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27