Jul 11, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
It’s a two-year contract worth $3.2 million that will see Turiaf added as big man insurance to a roster that already includes Gorgui Dieng and Chris Johnson at center, along with Kevin Love, Derrick Williams and Dante Cunningham at power forward. Nikola Pekovic is a restricted free agent, but most expect him to re-sign, as well.
Turiaf has played eight years in the NBA, most recently for the L.A. Clippers. He averaged just 1.9 points and 2.3 rebounds in 10.8 minutes per game last season, and was mainly on the court as a defensive and rebounding presence while the starters got their rest.
The signing comes on the heels of Andrei Kirilenko agreeing to join the Brooklyn Nets for two years at $3.1 million per season, after opting out of the final year of his deal that would have paid him $10.2 million to play for Minnesota.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10