Jul 11, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
It’s a two-year contract worth $3.2 million that will see Turiaf added as big man insurance to a roster that already includes Gorgui Dieng and Chris Johnson at center, along with Kevin Love, Derrick Williams and Dante Cunningham at power forward. Nikola Pekovic is a restricted free agent, but most expect him to re-sign, as well.
Turiaf has played eight years in the NBA, most recently for the L.A. Clippers. He averaged just 1.9 points and 2.3 rebounds in 10.8 minutes per game last season, and was mainly on the court as a defensive and rebounding presence while the starters got their rest.
The signing comes on the heels of Andrei Kirilenko agreeing to join the Brooklyn Nets for two years at $3.1 million per season, after opting out of the final year of his deal that would have paid him $10.2 million to play for Minnesota.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39