Jul 11, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
It’s a two-year contract worth $3.2 million that will see Turiaf added as big man insurance to a roster that already includes Gorgui Dieng and Chris Johnson at center, along with Kevin Love, Derrick Williams and Dante Cunningham at power forward. Nikola Pekovic is a restricted free agent, but most expect him to re-sign, as well.
Turiaf has played eight years in the NBA, most recently for the L.A. Clippers. He averaged just 1.9 points and 2.3 rebounds in 10.8 minutes per game last season, and was mainly on the court as a defensive and rebounding presence while the starters got their rest.
The signing comes on the heels of Andrei Kirilenko agreeing to join the Brooklyn Nets for two years at $3.1 million per season, after opting out of the final year of his deal that would have paid him $10.2 million to play for Minnesota.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 15
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23