Jul 11, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Does it seem to anyone else like Minnesota is signing every available free agent the last 48 hours?
Veteran big man Ronny Turiaf could be part of that mix, reports Marc Stein at ESPN. He says the Timberwolves are the “clear frontrunner” to sign Turiaf, certainly for the league minimum.
In his eight NBA seasons Turiaf has been with six teams, most recently the Los Angeles Clippers. He may be best known for wild celebrations on the bench. When he gets on the court he brings energy, he’s a good defender as a shot blocker and against the pick-and-roll, and he’ll go after every loose ball. He’s not exactly an offensive powerhouse but he plays within himself — he doesn’t take bad shots.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18