Jul 11, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
Does it seem to anyone else like Minnesota is signing every available free agent the last 48 hours?
Veteran big man Ronny Turiaf could be part of that mix, reports Marc Stein at ESPN. He says the Timberwolves are the “clear frontrunner” to sign Turiaf, certainly for the league minimum.
In his eight NBA seasons Turiaf has been with six teams, most recently the Los Angeles Clippers. He may be best known for wild celebrations on the bench. When he gets on the court he brings energy, he’s a good defender as a shot blocker and against the pick-and-roll, and he’ll go after every loose ball. He’s not exactly an offensive powerhouse but he plays within himself — he doesn’t take bad shots.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54