Jul 11, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
Does it seem to anyone else like Minnesota is signing every available free agent the last 48 hours?
Veteran big man Ronny Turiaf could be part of that mix, reports Marc Stein at ESPN. He says the Timberwolves are the “clear frontrunner” to sign Turiaf, certainly for the league minimum.
In his eight NBA seasons Turiaf has been with six teams, most recently the Los Angeles Clippers. He may be best known for wild celebrations on the bench. When he gets on the court he brings energy, he’s a good defender as a shot blocker and against the pick-and-roll, and he’ll go after every loose ball. He’s not exactly an offensive powerhouse but he plays within himself — he doesn’t take bad shots.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9