Jul 11, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Does it seem to anyone else like Minnesota is signing every available free agent the last 48 hours?
Veteran big man Ronny Turiaf could be part of that mix, reports Marc Stein at ESPN. He says the Timberwolves are the “clear frontrunner” to sign Turiaf, certainly for the league minimum.
In his eight NBA seasons Turiaf has been with six teams, most recently the Los Angeles Clippers. He may be best known for wild celebrations on the bench. When he gets on the court he brings energy, he’s a good defender as a shot blocker and against the pick-and-roll, and he’ll go after every loose ball. He’s not exactly an offensive powerhouse but he plays within himself — he doesn’t take bad shots.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49