Jul 11, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Does it seem to anyone else like Minnesota is signing every available free agent the last 48 hours?
Veteran big man Ronny Turiaf could be part of that mix, reports Marc Stein at ESPN. He says the Timberwolves are the “clear frontrunner” to sign Turiaf, certainly for the league minimum.
In his eight NBA seasons Turiaf has been with six teams, most recently the Los Angeles Clippers. He may be best known for wild celebrations on the bench. When he gets on the court he brings energy, he’s a good defender as a shot blocker and against the pick-and-roll, and he’ll go after every loose ball. He’s not exactly an offensive powerhouse but he plays within himself — he doesn’t take bad shots.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11