Jul 11, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
Does it seem to anyone else like Minnesota is signing every available free agent the last 48 hours?
Veteran big man Ronny Turiaf could be part of that mix, reports Marc Stein at ESPN. He says the Timberwolves are the “clear frontrunner” to sign Turiaf, certainly for the league minimum.
In his eight NBA seasons Turiaf has been with six teams, most recently the Los Angeles Clippers. He may be best known for wild celebrations on the bench. When he gets on the court he brings energy, he’s a good defender as a shot blocker and against the pick-and-roll, and he’ll go after every loose ball. He’s not exactly an offensive powerhouse but he plays within himself — he doesn’t take bad shots.
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 16
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 44
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 22
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 35
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 8
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (106)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)