Jul 11, 2013, 3:48 PM EST
The paparazzi are part of life for celebrities in Los Angeles. You can’t hide from them, particularly if you are 6’10” and married to Khloe Kardashian. Lamar Odom should be very used to it by now after his time in Los Angeles.
Now Odom is being investigated as part of an incident with a paparazzo in Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to the Los Angeles Times.
The incident, which was captured on video, took place around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday on El Cerrito Place near Franklin Avenue….
Odom then appears to confiscate a rolling bag believed to contain camera equipment, place it in the trunk of his white Mercedes coup and drive off.
In the same video, he appears again on Hollywood Boulevard removing the items from his trunk and leaving them on the street.
Odom also is apparently on another video throwing a photographer’s gear out of the car into the street, all of which is reportedly part of the investigation.
The paparazzo allegedly asked Odom if he had been sleeping with anyone other than his wife. That has been a gossip page rumor as Odom and Kardashian are apparently having marital issues. Google it if you want some sordid details, that’s all I got.
Odom has been in negotiations with the Lakers about a possible return on a one-year contract. There also has been some contact about him returning to the Clippers.
Sports fans sometimes don’t realize the fame of Odom in popular culture due to his Kardashian ties. As an example, back in 2011 when the then-champion Lakers met president Barak Obama at a Washington area elementary school for a community event, the players were stunned how all the students wanted to know about Lamar and Khloe, not so much Kobe or the president.
There have been no arrests or charges yet, but there has been a report of felony grand theft filed with the LAPD, according to the report.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14