Jul 11, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT
Detroit’s Andre Drummond was the best player at the Orlando Summer League.
Celtics fans, I hear you about the good week Kelly Olynyk had (we’ve written about it) but Drummond was simply more dominant. And I mean dominant in a “I know I can be a star at the NBA level” kind of way, not the “I had a good Summer League” way. Drummond was a man among boys all week. Put it this way, if you could have your choice who would you take? Thirty GMs would say Drummond before you could finish the sentence.
This little sequence against the Heat from Thursday shows you.
I think Drummond is due for a breakout year for Detroit… if he can get the ball out of Josh Smith‘s hands now and again.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 8
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9