Andre Drummond shows why he was best player at Orlando Summer League (VIDEO)

Jul 11, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT

Detroit’s Andre Drummond was the best player at the Orlando Summer League.

Celtics fans, I hear you about the good week Kelly Olynyk had (we’ve written about it) but Drummond was simply more dominant. And I mean dominant in a “I know I can be a star at the NBA level” kind of way, not the “I had a good Summer League” way. Drummond was a man among boys all week. Put it this way, if you could have your choice who would you take? Thirty GMs would say Drummond before you could finish the sentence.

This little sequence against the Heat from Thursday shows you.

I think Drummond is due for a breakout year for Detroit… if he can get the ball out of Josh Smith‘s hands now and again.

1. JHathwell - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Oh god, Miami has Drummond now!!!

• elwaysagenius - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

He’s dreaming of LeBron

• Sherlock Sport - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

And J-Smoove

• JHathwell - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I mean, how is this fair???

• sirclutch - Jul 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Pat Riley does it again!!!

2. tile84 - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Yeah he plays for Detroit not the Miami Heat .. Sometimes I wonder if u guys know anything

• dezglobal - Jul 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM

hahaha I was confused too

3. themike31 - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I feel like this blog needs one of those signs like a construction site:

“0 Posts since a player was attributed to the wrong team.”

Seriously, the last two posts have done it. Next we’ll all be reading about how Kobe is mad that Dwight Howard went to the Raptors.

• asimonetti88 - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Dude, Dwight didn’t go to the Raptors… he went to the Astros! Right Phil Jackson?

4. tjr324 - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Seriously, do you even proofread what you write at all? Anyone with even casual basketball knowledge and a basic grasp of the English language would be better than you at this. All you do is repost stories written by other people, and then add in you own grammatically incorrect, riddled with errors opinion in a paragraph. If NBC is paying you anything at all, it is far too much

5. lorddarkhelmet - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM

my guess is he will have an even better year for Detroit

6. ProBasketballPundit - Jul 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Drummond could dunk over an angry bear. I saw this guy dominate in the pre-season last year and almost put money down for him to win rookie of the year. Hopefully, he’s the kind of guy to work hard and add pieces to his game because he could have a nice long career.

7. opinevain - Jul 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM

When writing, you may get caught up in your thoughts and type away. Errors happen

• jaerba - Jul 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM

True, but usually they fix it. You proof-read for a reason, and then you proof-read again after you publish.

8. fm31970 - Jul 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Well, he dominated some players who won’t even be good enough to make the NBA-D-league, so I wouldn’t get too excited. I don’t recall him dominating anyone in the NBA last season, so call me skeptical.

• bigmeechy74 - Jul 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Um… If you don’t see his potential then you probably shouldn’t ever quit your day job and go in to scouting. Jeez.

• dyn0myte - Jul 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Scouting…..Scouting

We don’t need no stinkin’ scouting.

We’ve got “Chaz”
        (with apologies to those unfamiliar with things Laker)

9. andyoursistertoo - Jul 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM

2 dunks and a block , makes him the best player in the summer league? If that were the case Deandre Jordan should be MVP of the leauge

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches