Jul 10, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Rudy Gobert has done at Summer League in Orlando exactly what the Jazz hoped he would do when they traded for the No. 27 pick — be a defensive presence in the paint.
Gobert is 7’1” with a 7’9” wingspan and a standing reach of 9’7” — he is very hard to shoot over and around. The rest of his game needs polish, but you can’t teach that kind of length and it is effective at blocking and altering shots.
But the Jazz rookie is not going to gain any polish playing for the French national team this summer at Eurobasket because he is going to have foot surgery after Summer League, the French national team coach told French sports publication L’Equipe (via Hoopshype and Sportando).
His agent later said that this is an ingrown toenail You should take an agent’s word with a grain of salt. but the injury is something he is playing through so it is not serious. The French coach told the paper that this was a known situation, so it is likely the Jazz knew about it as well.
We don’t have any timetable for his return yet, but it seems unlikely he will miss any of Training Camp or the regular season.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24