Jul 10, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
At least now we know when Dennis Rodman wins the Nobel Peace Prize what drink he will celebrate with.
The NBA Hall of Fame player and eccentric has partnered with Premier Brands to develop Bad Boy Vodka. Yes, that is the Dennis Rodman branded vodka you have been waiting your whole life for. Because when you pick up a glass of quality vodka, does any other NBA player come to mind besides Dennis Rodman? No. Of course not.
“”Bad Boy Vodka characterizes a tough and edgy, yet smooth and classic taste; a perfect representation of whom and what I am all about,” Rodman said in a released statement.
This name of course harkens back to Rodman’s time with the Bad Boy Pistons that won back-to-back titles 23 years ago. So it’s a recent reference. That was a bruising, mean team that had some brains (Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars) that could keep the offense flowing and make things work. The Bad Boys were the bridge from the Magic/Bird era to the decade Michael Jordan owned (the Pistons helped teach him how to win by beating him in the playoffs three straight years.
The vodka will be available in California after July 27, wider distribution to come later. Start pestering your local retailer to get the Ciroc off the shelves and get Bad Boy up there now.
Just to reiterate: Dennis Rodman has his own alcohol brand. I don’t see anything that could possibly go wrong.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8