Jul 10, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
At least now we know when Dennis Rodman wins the Nobel Peace Prize what drink he will celebrate with.
The NBA Hall of Fame player and eccentric has partnered with Premier Brands to develop Bad Boy Vodka. Yes, that is the Dennis Rodman branded vodka you have been waiting your whole life for. Because when you pick up a glass of quality vodka, does any other NBA player come to mind besides Dennis Rodman? No. Of course not.
“”Bad Boy Vodka characterizes a tough and edgy, yet smooth and classic taste; a perfect representation of whom and what I am all about,” Rodman said in a released statement.
This name of course harkens back to Rodman’s time with the Bad Boy Pistons that won back-to-back titles 23 years ago. So it’s a recent reference. That was a bruising, mean team that had some brains (Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars) that could keep the offense flowing and make things work. The Bad Boys were the bridge from the Magic/Bird era to the decade Michael Jordan owned (the Pistons helped teach him how to win by beating him in the playoffs three straight years.
The vodka will be available in California after July 27, wider distribution to come later. Start pestering your local retailer to get the Ciroc off the shelves and get Bad Boy up there now.
Just to reiterate: Dennis Rodman has his own alcohol brand. I don’t see anything that could possibly go wrong.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48