Jul 9, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Now that is all but official, it has been agreed to according to the Associated Press. Foye is a free agent who goes to Golden State in the trade with a new three-year, $9 million deal, according to the report. The moves cannot be formalized until Wednesday.
This basically just makes the Iggy sign-and-trade more complicated. In that original deal, the Warriors sign Iguodala to a four-year, $48 million contract. To make room for that Golden State will trade Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedrins, Brandon Rush and a couple first round picks to the Jazz for Kevin Murphy (who has a non-guaranteed contract and can be cut).
Add in Foye and this is technically a couple separate deals — a sign-and-trade for Iguodala and a sign-and-trade with Utah for Foye — but it has benefits for all sides.
• For Golden State, not only do they land the players they want, they ship out enough assets to stay below the luxury tax line, giving them their full mid-level exception ($5.4 million) to use if they so choose.
• Denver picks up a trade exception out of all of this worth about $12 million, which they can use in the next year to bring in someone.
• Utah was going to lose Foye anyway, now they get a second round pick for the troubles and facilitating the deal, plus the picks from the Iggy deal. All that is part of rebuilding.
May 22, 2015, 12:13 PM EDT
LeBron James poised for a big game
Report: Lakers not locked into drafting Karl-Anthony Towns or Jahlil Okafor, could pick a guard at No. 2
May 22, 2015, 11:38 AM EDT
That’d be D’Angelo Russell or Emmanuel Mudiay
May 22, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Consider it Riley’s revenge
May 22, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Is his injury more serious than previously thought?
May 22, 2015, 9:48 AM EDT
May 22, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Cavaliers will keep leaning on injured point guard – at least to some degree – anyway
May 22, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
Barnes all but begged for the chance for a couple years.
May 22, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Stephen Curry and James Harden have been putting on a show for a couple games now.
May 22, 2015, 2:17 AM EDT
James Harden has been nothing short of brilliant for two games.
May 22, 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
Harden scores 38 points, just misses triple-double
May 21, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Donaghy was sent to prison for betting on NBA games while he was employed as a league official.
May 21, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Golden State was rolling early in Game 2.
May 21, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
The seven-footer may be a top-five selection.
May 21, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Thomas is now running New York’s WNBA team, but many feel it’s just a matter of time before he’s back in some capacity with the Knicks.
LeBron James after tweaking his ankle by stepping on cameraman: ‘His foot was out further than it should be’
May 21, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Tough to tell, but either way, too many people are too close to the action.
May 21, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This is now a team without its two best wing defenders.
May 21, 2015, 5:47 PM EDT
The front office reacted like fans.
May 21, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
If the NBA gave points for degree of difficulty, how much more valuable would he be?
May 21, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Evans should be good to go by the start of training camp next season.
May 21, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Lakers fans feel the basketball gods owed them after a few brutal years of injuries; fans of 29 other NBA teams would beg to differ.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 17
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10