Jul 9, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Now that is all but official, it has been agreed to according to the Associated Press. Foye is a free agent who goes to Golden State in the trade with a new three-year, $9 million deal, according to the report. The moves cannot be formalized until Wednesday.
This basically just makes the Iggy sign-and-trade more complicated. In that original deal, the Warriors sign Iguodala to a four-year, $48 million contract. To make room for that Golden State will trade Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedrins, Brandon Rush and a couple first round picks to the Jazz for Kevin Murphy (who has a non-guaranteed contract and can be cut).
Add in Foye and this is technically a couple separate deals — a sign-and-trade for Iguodala and a sign-and-trade with Utah for Foye — but it has benefits for all sides.
• For Golden State, not only do they land the players they want, they ship out enough assets to stay below the luxury tax line, giving them their full mid-level exception ($5.4 million) to use if they so choose.
• Denver picks up a trade exception out of all of this worth about $12 million, which they can use in the next year to bring in someone.
• Utah was going to lose Foye anyway, now they get a second round pick for the troubles and facilitating the deal, plus the picks from the Iggy deal. All that is part of rebuilding.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:14 PM EDT
Tucker also re-signed with Suns for $16.5 million this offseason
Jul 28, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
National Basketball Players Associate scheduled to vote on Billy Hunter’s replacement today
Jul 28, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
San Antonio cites guard’s leg injury
Jul 28, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
Mike Krzyzewski said Derrick Rose looked healthy at Tea USA training camp.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Donald Sterling’s right to appeal restricted, a pivotal and unexpected ruling
Jul 28, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
Williams didn’t get quite the payday he was expecting as an unrestricted free agent.
Jul 28, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
The USA has superior athletes and should use that to their advantage.
Jul 28, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
Derrick Rose seems to be moving and playing like the Derrick Rose of old.
Jul 28, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Thaddeus Young is not Kevin Love but he’d keep the Timberwolves from going into full rebuild mode.
Jul 28, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
Wade may be looking forward to going up against LeBron, but I don’t think he’s going to like how the game ends.
Jul 28, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Ron Artest made a brief appearance on a rec league court in Los Angeles.
Jul 28, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
When the game’s best player makes a uniform change, manufacturers spring into immediate action.
Jul 28, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
LeBron said when switching to 6 four years ago that no one should wear 23 out of respect to MJ.
Jul 28, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
Insert your own “he only jumped over Lowry” jokes, we’re not going to do that.
Jul 28, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Rose is expected to make the roster, but will need to shake the rust off quickly to show he’s more deserving than the other elite guards in camp.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
“The fact that I haven’t been traded yet makes me feel comfortable.” —Klay Thompson
Jul 28, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Because he could.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
The league won’t let it get to that point.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Scott was historically bad at coaching defense in three seasons with the Cavaliers.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
After all the players shifts this summer, the top three teams in the power rankings remain unchanged from the last one lst year.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 12
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 32
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64