Jul 9, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
If Luc Richard Mbah a Moute’s knees can hold up the Kings have found themselves a nice fit at the three. But that’s a big if.
The Sacramento Kings have acquired Mbah a Moute from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for a couple second round picks (2016 and 2018), something first reported by Ken Berger of CBSSports.com and now confirmed by other sources. Mbah a Moute has two years at a total of just under $9 million left on his deal.
This move seems to signal the Kings are out of the Monta Ellis running, but there is nothing final there. Atlanta and Dallas are the other suitors for Ellis.
When healthy Mbah a Moute is one of the better wing defenders in the NBA, and the Kings had a terrible defense so this would be a big upgrade. However, he has missed 47 games the last two seasons due to his knee. Even when he has been on the court he hasn’t been the same defender.
Mbah a Moute has never been much of an offensive threat but he did improve to shoot 35.1 percent from three last season. If he can develop a good catch-and-shoot three he has much more value.
In the end this all is a gamble on the health of Mbah a Moute’s knee. If it is right this is a great get for the Kings at a low price. If not there is not a ton of value anymore, which is why the Bucks took on a second round pick for him.
In Milwaukee, just acquired Carlos Delfino may have just seen his minutes increase.
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 1
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10