Jul 9, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
If Luc Richard Mbah a Moute’s knees can hold up the Kings have found themselves a nice fit at the three. But that’s a big if.
The Sacramento Kings have acquired Mbah a Moute from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for a couple second round picks (2016 and 2018), something first reported by Ken Berger of CBSSports.com and now confirmed by other sources. Mbah a Moute has two years at a total of just under $9 million left on his deal.
This move seems to signal the Kings are out of the Monta Ellis running, but there is nothing final there. Atlanta and Dallas are the other suitors for Ellis.
When healthy Mbah a Moute is one of the better wing defenders in the NBA, and the Kings had a terrible defense so this would be a big upgrade. However, he has missed 47 games the last two seasons due to his knee. Even when he has been on the court he hasn’t been the same defender.
Mbah a Moute has never been much of an offensive threat but he did improve to shoot 35.1 percent from three last season. If he can develop a good catch-and-shoot three he has much more value.
In the end this all is a gamble on the health of Mbah a Moute’s knee. If it is right this is a great get for the Kings at a low price. If not there is not a ton of value anymore, which is why the Bucks took on a second round pick for him.
In Milwaukee, just acquired Carlos Delfino may have just seen his minutes increase.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16