Jul 9, 2013, 10:14 AM EST
When the San Antonio Spurs signed Marco Belinelli this summer, it made you wonder if they would bring back restricted free agent Gary Neal. The Spurs have 14 roster spots filled right now, match Neal and they have the full 15 (and now wiggle room to add guys) and they would carry eight guards. That’s not likely.
The belief is the Spurs will not match any offer for Neal. The Bucks may be one of the teams ready to put that theory to the test.
Milwaukee is one of four teams “in the mix” for Neal, reports Gery Woelfel for the Journal Times.
We don’t know who the other teams are, although there has been some buzz about Detroit. The Bucks have lost Monta Ellis and J.J. Redick, and while Neal is a reserve he could provide them needed depth.
Neal is a solid reserve guard who started some in a pinch for San Antonio last season. He gave them 9.5 points a game and is a career 39.8 percent shooter from three who can put the ball on the floor as well.
Some team is going to pick him up. Apparently that might be the Bucks.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13